Who on your team will not be on the roster in 2022?

CP3MVP

12 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

For the 49ers the easy choice is Jimmy G. For him to stay he'd have to have a really good year, and the 49ers win the Super Bowl. Even then, he'd probably be let go, since "mission passed". Trey Lance is on that rookie deal, and that's always a gem to the pitfalls of the cap. 

Also, I forgot about his contract details, but I'm guessing by 2022 the 49ers will finally be in a position to move on from Dee Ford. 

June 1 cut most likely for Ford I would think, but depends on how badly we need the money

Jimmy G agreed. If he balls out, it just means we get good trade value. Either way, he's gone. 

If ebukam flops, he's gone. Ward would be the most likely financially after that, but I think he's more likely to get an extension. He's playing at such a high level. Age is a little bit of a concern with his health history but 2-3 year extension is nothing

For the Raiders I would say

Carl Nassib - Obviously a name that has caused a lot of conversation the past few days, I am very happy for him as a person to be able to live his truest life and I support him 100%. However, before the recent news he was a guy a lot of us Raider fans wanted to be let go this off season, he then restructured guaranteeing a spot this season, but next year we can move on eating a few million in cap space but saving a not insignificant amount. He's just not as productive a player as the contract we gave him. It was an overpay from the start. I hope I am wrong though and he can give us 5-7 sacks this year as one of the top rotational ends and make the decision to keep him an easy one. That is what it will take for that to happen though IMO. 

Richie Incognito - Not a guarantee by any means, when Richie has been on the field hes been great, but he's 36 and coming off an achilles injury. I expect this year to be his last season before retirement or moving on elsewhere. We will look to get younger and probably cheaper with someone we already drafted or will draft next off season.

Now for a couple guys that are likely long shots but there is an outside chance IMO 

Derek Carr - For Carr to not be here in 2022 it would take a few things, his play would have to dip from last season, he would have to heavily contribute with his play to another second half of season collapse to miss the playoffs or just an overall bad season (6-11 or worse probably), and we would have to have another option we feel confident will be ready to go week one of 2022. Whether that is drafting a rookie highly and viewing them as pro ready, trading for a veteran QB, or seeing Mariota in more action and feeling he can be the starter either long term or at least for a year or two while we find the QB of the future. Outside shot Carr plays at 2020 levels and the front office gets aggressive anyway and moves up to draft a guy they love, they decide to roll with him and trade DC. Ultimately I think Carr sticks around for 2022, but that will be the last year of his contract so I won't say I'm super confident he's on the roster in 2023. Him starting 2022 and a rookie red shirting behind him is absolutely possible. 

Corey Littelton - From a contract standpoint I'm not sure if this is possible or likely, I know he restructured his contract so it's entirely possible it's no longer a realistic option, that's why I'm saying it's a longer shot. I actually really expect Littelton to bounce back and have a good year under Bradley, but he was AWFUL last season. If he doesn't bounce back some, eating a decent chunk of dead cap couldn't be ruled out (depending on just how much exactly it is). 

Jonathan Abram - I would say it's at least a little shocking when a first round pick is playing for another team in year 4. Not unheard of obviously, but not a super common thing. Abram though has been really bad on the field. He missed basically all of his rookie year (IR after an injury week 1), in year 2 last season he was terrible. Taking bad angles, missing tackles because he always looks for the huge hit, injuring himself and teammates for the same reason, constantly out of position, giving up big plays because he's lost or free lancing, etc. Gunther certainly didn't play to his strengths, but he's more of a box safety that isn't a sure tackler or great stopping the run. There's hope Bradley can use him in a role better suited to him, and Bradley does have a history of success with those types of safeties, but none of us Raider fans are holding our breath, and at the very least the staff is growing sick of it and putting him on notice with the selections of Moehrig, Gillespie, Deablo to an extent and signing Karl Joseph there seems to have been a concerted effort to bring in competition and potential backup plans and long term replacements. Abram needs to show something this season to have a roster spot with the Raiders in 2022.

For the Titans, the obvious one is Rashaan Evans.  Didn't take the fifth year option and drafted his replacement.

Other free agents I wouldn't be surprised if they let go are Ben Jones (good center, but getting older) and Josh Reynolds (No. 3 WR might get overtaken by Fitzpatrick, at least enough to make him expendable).

A bunch of other minor ones, but no one cares about that.

If there was a cap casualty for 2022, put my money on Rodger Saffold.  He's a fantastic guard, still, but he could free up like $10 million if he's cut, and he'll be 34 before next season.  Titans are only at $192 million for next season, so they've got some money to play with, but they will need to re-sign Harold Landry, Jayon Brown, and Anthony Firkser, so if they're courting any other big names, Saffold might go.

COLTS

Jack Doyle is a potential cap casualty.

T.Y. Hilton is another one. If he looks old this year it’s probably the end of the road.

Rock Ya-Sin was a very early selection for us. Wouldn’t be shocked if he were gone by next season. Needs to make a leap this year. I doubt it personally.

Laurant Duvernay-Tardiff and Dan Sorensen are back for what is probably their last hurrah. They were both integral members of a Super Bowl winner. not bad for a 6th rounder and an UDFA.

There is a list of about 20 players in their last year, or on one year contracts, but only one other name stands out--Tyrann Mathieu. Given his salary and age, the Landlord will be a tough man to re-sign, but they may want to do so anyway. 

J

For Cleveland, it depends on how the season goes:

Nick Chubb - Is it worth paying a runningback?

Wyatt Teller - If he balls out again, he will be resigned or tagged at worst. Is it worth paying a RG?

OBJ - Depends on his injury and production.

David Njoku - I think he’s 100% gone unless he balls out.

Ronnie Harrison - I think we’re gonna try to keep him, but he might want to be a starter elsewhere.

Jadeveon Clowney - I think we keep him, but he might chase the bag again.

I think Cleveland as a whole is transitioning to being more defensive focused. We’re offensive dominated, but Berry has invested a TON of resources into the defense.

On 6/25/2021 at 10:11 AM, KhanYouDigIt said:

Tim Tebow

Very possible that it's only a one year experiment for Tim.  Then again, if Urban is able to find ways to use him, I could maybe see him staying for a couple of years. 

The other player that I'm guessing will more than likely be gone is Gardner Minshew.  He's probably a little too good to stick around as a backup and might want to try going to a team where he has a chance to earn a job as a starter.  That's not going to happen in Jacksonville.