2021 Training camp news and notes

Sad People

3 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He had a good first game against the Colts, that was about it. Then his play was meh, then he got hurt. Now he can’t get on the field except for the other day and now he’s out for personal reasons. You just know Urban is fed up with him.

Rich coming from Urban…

• Like 2

On 8/7/2021 at 2:53 PM, Forge said:

I wonder what they are looking to get back.  He won't be in our top 3 WRs, but he would be great depth while he works on whatever plagues him. Other than Tyler Boyd, all of our WRs are young, so he'd probably find it easy to fit in.

40 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So why did Fields drop? Sounds like he is franchise altering already

Because he didn’t play a Mountain West schedule tbh. Dude played an abridged season without any real practice time, basically led a one man crusade to play, came back courageously against Clemson and ran into an Alabama buzzsaw, only to have his passion for the game questioned, when in reality if he opted out or had his season canceled he’s the default #2 pick.

• Like 2

We’ll see as it is just training camp at this point, but Fields was the clear cut #2 guy for me. I thought it was crazy that the Jets just went straight to Wilson without much debate for Fields. Even crazier the Panthers, Broncos and to a certain degree the Falcons passed on him.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

We’ll see as it is just training camp at this point, but Fields was the clear cut #2 guy for me. I thought it was crazy that the Jets just went straight to Wilson without much debate for Fields. Even crazier the Panthers, Broncos and to a certain degree the Falcons passed on him.

I’m happy the Jets passed though.

Feel better about him in Chicago than I would have in NYJ. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So why did Fields drop? Sounds like he is franchise altering already

Teams are often stupid. 

Though it is still training camp, so ultimately we will see how it goes. I still think that Fields has a bit of a tough situation to overcome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I’m happy the Jets passed though.

Feel better about him in Chicago than I would have in NYJ. 

This is interesting because I feel like timeline wise, Chicago is about the worst spot he could have landed for me. 

We could be talking about a team that heads into year two with wholesale changes in the front office (GM) and coaching staff. They could easily lose their #1 receiver. And the offensive line has all sorts of issues (and I think Jenkins is already fighting back issues?). 

Obviously Nagy and company could still around and that kind of changes the game a bit, but I'm worried as all hell about that stuff. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is interesting because I feel like timeline wise, Chicago is about the worst spot he could have landed for me. 

We could be talking about a team that heads into year two with wholesale changes in the front office (GM) and coaching staff. They could easily lose their #1 receiver. And the offensive line has all sorts of issues (and I think Jenkins is already fighting back issues?). 

Obviously Nagy and company could still around and that kind of changes the game a bit, but I'm worried as all hell about that stuff. 

With the selection of Fields, I don’t see them making wholesale changes, especially if we see Fields show legitimate upside like I expect.

The Jets have a super young and unproven offensive side of the ball with a brand new coaching staff in which most are getting first cracks at gigs in which they got and are figuring things out themselves. Never been a huge fan of a young QB going into that type of situation. Nagy has his flaws but I still much prefer him and DeFlippo for Fields than the alternative.