Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Lol because I refuse to take either words side for something I know I don’t have enough information about to formulate a valid opinion on the matter? Now I’m morally bankrupt? Because I don’t agree with you? 

You won’t a part of it yet continue to push your agenda against Watson. Meanwhile the NFL has continued to employee criminals, accused criminals, etc… and yet somehow that didn’t get you to stop watching the league at all. But this is where you drawn the line. Accusations is what did it. 

You are pushing him a little hard here. Nobody’s gonna stop watching the NFL because 4% of the players are complete idiots.

You just hope the guys that deserve it get what’s coming to them and you keep enjoying the product on the field.

I see what you are trying to say, that we don’t know what’s true because courts haven’t convicted anyone. But I am in the camp that the amount of accusations sort of fits the old adage where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Somethings probably wrong with that dude, and no one can force me to respect him simply because he’s still employed in the NFL, currently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

You are pushing him a little hard here. Nobody’s gonna stop watching the NFL because 4% of the players are complete idiots.

You just hope the guys that deserve it get what’s coming to them and you keep enjoying the product on the field.

I see what you are trying to say, that we don’t know what’s true because courts haven’t convicted anyone. But I am in the camp that the amount of accusations sort of fits the old adage where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Somethings probably wrong with that dude, and no one can force me to respect him simply because he’s still employed in the NFL, currently.

It's just completely ridiculous to me how people are willing to defend the guy simply because they like the player on the field. No personal relationship with this guy, I just like what I've seen him do on Saturdays and Sundays for the last 6 or 7 years now. What the dude is being accused of is heinous, predatory behavior that trumps anything he ever has done on a sports field. False accusations happen but it's awfully difficult to put yourself in a situation where close to two dozen women with no connection to eachother are saying you did the same things to them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

It's just completely ridiculous to me how people are willing to defend the guy simply because they like the player on the field. No personal relationship with this guy, I just like what I've seen him do on Saturdays and Sundays for the last 6 or 7 years now. What the dude is being accused of is heinous, predatory behavior that trumps anything he ever has done on a sports field. False accusations happen but it's awfully difficult to put yourself in a situation where close to two dozen women with no connection to eachother are saying you did the same things to them.

Yes, there is this very real phenomenon whereby fans of pro sports teams seem to immediately assume innocence upon any player accused of anything that belongs to their favourite team. It’s strange to me as well.

I never quite understood why you couldn’t just continue to love your team, while accepting the possibility that one human being on that team is not a perfect person. It doesn’t mean you have to immediately drop your love for the whole franchise and move your fandom elsewhere.

1 hour ago, RTTRUTH said:

I’m pushing him hard? He called me morally bankrupt lol. 

You can be in the camp of where there’s smoke, there’s fire but you also believe in innocent until proven guilty. 

But either way none of us know enough to call anyone a rapist or morally bankrupt because we don’t agree. 

1 hour ago, RTTRUTH said:

Yes, there is this very real phenomenon whereby fans of pro sports teams seem to immediately assume innocence upon any player accused of anything that belongs to their favourite team. It’s strange to me as well.

I never quite understood why you couldn’t just continue to love your team, while accepting the possibility that one human being on that team is not a perfect person. It doesn’t mean you have to immediately drop your love for the whole franchise and move your fandom elsewhere.

I’ve taken sports out of it. Imagine yourself being on the wrong end of civil suits from potential consensual sexual acts. You’re innocent but people don’t care because where there’s smoke there’s fire. 

People will say are 22 women lying and then I think to myself well why not if they have something to gain from it. We’ve all seen worse in this world, nothing really surprises me anymore. And until we get some valid proof of anything it’s best we stop assuming and trying to label Watson a rapist or shame these women. 

Regardless posters aren't the jury. The only thing we're here to discuss is the potential trade (edit: or I guess HOU keeping him for some reason). If you think that he will not play and thus won't be traded, that's fine. When someone posts that other posters are morally bankrupt because they are discussing the potential football implications it's a bad post. No one on this site is responsible for Watson or any other player. When a poster discusses what might happen they aren't excusing any potential off the field action. If we were to assume potential crimes lead to exile from the NFL then all these type of threads would be very short -- step one new thread with accusation // step two first post stating career is over out of the NFL // step three lock thread. What happens is the system works it out, the NFL either dishes out a punishment or not, and then football resumes and all the interesting posts to read are the ones that disown the potential crime, but at least take effort into guessing the future of a trade. No one wants to read 10 pages of how the potential crime is awful and he needs to be out of the league. That can be your stance, but to repeat it over and over and attack other posters trying to stay on the topic of potential trade is oof. I'm sure KingOfNewYork isn't morally bankrupt or ridiculous and trying to defend the guy. All he is doing is letting the system play out and discussing what comes next if Deshaun's career continues. If Deshaun's career doesn't continue? Who cares the discussion is over at that point. We don't have to morally defend him to discuss the only football interest this thread can provide.

Edited by Trojan

i think its funny personally. I read somewhere on reddit that they can dock some pay or something if he refuses to do things they tell him to do, but i personally think its just because the people actually going to play QB are the ones that should get all the reps

49 minutes ago, tab said:

i think its funny personally. I read somewhere on reddit that they can dock some pay or something if he refuses to do things they tell him to do, but i personally think its just because the people actually going to play QB are the ones that should get all the reps

Well yeah. Definitely more a "give the reps to the QBs who may actually play for us this year" combined with a "have him doing things that wouldn't let him get injured (or fake an injury)" than a "have him do demeaning things out of spite".

I'd wager he's on board with it.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m pushing him hard? He called me morally bankrupt lol. 

You can be in the camp of where there’s smoke, there’s fire but you also believe in innocent until proven guilty. 

But either way none of us know enough to call anyone a rapist or morally bankrupt because we don’t agree. 

You misunderstood me. And it’s possible I misunderstood him. I thought the way he used morally bankrupt he was referring to Watson. And for the record, while I guess we don’t know the full story, and I usually am pro innocent-until-proven-guilty,  I did investigate as much as I could. And based on evidence available the dude seems pretty guilty.

I remember Brian Banks.

I remember Ben Roethlisberger.

This is at least 22 different allegations. I’m just not convinced that the old “innocent until proven guilty” is quite valid in this case. 22 is A LOT.

There are text messages I read about from masseuse to masseuse. There are many players in the NFL who have said generally if you trust a masseuse you don’t just go to randoms and risk your health. I mean their body is their paycheque. He went to at least 22 different ones. 

I guess what I’m trying to say is while  there is a fine line between just believing what you’re told by the media and “a reasonable doubt”, I’m still human, and I’m allowed to take all available evidence and come to my own conclusions. And I’m pretty sure this dude did something wrong. And I’m often on the other side, but this ain’t one of those times. You do you though.

11 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

You misunderstood me. And it’s possible I misunderstood him. I thought the way he used morally bankrupt he was referring to Watson.

Yeah in retrospect that sounded far too personal for what I was trying to say. I just don't see it as making much sense to talk about Watson purely in terms of him as a player and who could be interested in him while something as serious as this looms over his head. I don't think it's morally right to give the guy that kind of a break unless and until he's shown to be entirely innocent of all of this.