Sources: Houston Texans now willing to trade QB Deshaun Watson

NYRaider

15 hours ago, wwhickok said:

That right there has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone in football say about a veteran, high talent QB, as though he isn't capable of learning an offense. Let's be honest, they're trying to smite him.

my heart weeps for him

@ET80 => I read that the Texans have switched Watson to #23 (the number of allegations against him) and then put him as a practice squad safety. 

Be honest - there is an immature part of you that thinks thats funny as hell? I really hope that came from the front office - because it makes me laugh. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

@ET80 => I read that the Texans have switched Watson to #23 (the number of allegations against him) and then put him as a practice squad safety. 

Be honest - there is an immature part of you that thinks thats funny as hell? I really hope that came from the front office - because it makes me laugh. 

I hadn't put two and two together, but I do see a level of pettiness from the Texans FO that I'm mildly amused by, overall.

If you're going to be a **** show... be a **** show.

• Like 2

Absolutely nobody should be surprised by how Houston is treating Watson now. Whether you like the Texans FO or not, there's no denying that Watson has done massive damage to that franchise throughout the course of this offseason both by throwing them under the bus and tanking his own value. If it were me I wouldn't even be allowing him to suit up.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

If it were me I wouldn't even be allowing him to suit up.

This would be my course of action as well, but that's just me. I'm not losing sleep by them degrading the guy, that's all I'm saying.

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

oh **** i didn't put that together either.

I want to believe this was intentional lmao

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 11:13 AM, Rodjahs12 said:

No, they're treating him like fringe roster garbage and frankly after the way he handled things only for the allegations to come out after I really can't blame them.

Then they should be asking for compensation via trade that reflects the value of fringe roster garbage, right? Can't treat the guy like he's worth nothing and then ask a king's ransom for him.

8 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

Then they should be asking for compensation via trade that reflects the value of fringe roster garbage, right? Can't treat the guy like he's worth nothing and then ask a king's ransom for him.

Trade is irrelevant until he’s either in prison or has his name cleared no one is putting that dude on the field any other way. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

Then they should be asking for compensation via trade that reflects the value of fringe roster garbage, right?

No. Like, absolutely not.

You ask for compensation based on production. Watson produces at an elite level, so you ask for elite compensation - period. Who cares if a stupid franchise does childish things with a disgruntled player, he's got multi-million dollar arm talent on Sunday. Legal situation notwithstanding, he's a franchise changer, I don't think anyone can doubt that.

This Scout team S is petty, sure. That doesn't change that Watson is an elite QB.

Watson signed a contract worth almost a half a billion and then proceeded to try to destroy the franchise. It certainly seemed like he intentionally lost games to get a coach fired and once he got what he wanted he wouldn’t even give anyone else a chance. After he SIGNED A CONTRACT. 

Love the pettiness and McNair would be in the right if he spent the rest of his life trying to ruin Watson.

• Like 1