Training Camp 2021!

N4L

49 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Hey all. Curious browns fan here just wondering if you all are assuming that you start Jimmy G this year?

Correct, but if this is a question regarding fantasy,  I wouldn't go with any unless you are playing in a two QB league. Lance is going to have a lot of rushing TDs and at some point will end up taking majority of the RZ snaps. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Correct, but if this is a question regarding fantasy,  I wouldn't go with any unless you are playing in a two QB league. Lance is going to have a lot of rushing TDs and at some point will end up taking majority of the RZ snaps. 

It was a fantasy question:)

I actually am in a 2qb league. I was hoping Lance would start. He's not on my roster yet but I'm thinking for later this season. Shanny really doing a 2 qb system??

4 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

It was a fantasy question:)

I actually am in a 2qb league. I was hoping Lance would start. He's not on my roster yet but I'm thinking for later this season. Shanny really doing a 2 qb system??

I think early on he will...This is just to get Lance some reps early on and to get some experience until he is fully ready to take over. But if Jimmy stays healthy, there is a good chance he stays the starter the entire season since the team will be winning a lot of games. That's not going to stop Lance from getting the RZ snaps though. I'd pick Lance up as the 3rd QB and would be fine with it. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think early on he will...This is just to get Lance some reps early on and to get some experience until he is fully ready to take over. But if Jimmy stays healthy, there is a good chance he stays the starter the entire season since the team will be winning a lot of games. That's not going to stop Lance from getting the RZ snaps though. I'd pick Lance up as the 3rd QB and would be fine with it. 

Thanks for the info. Sadly it's a 14 team league and the qb scoring is crazy. Thus each owner is only allowed to roster 2 qbs. Guess I'll hold off for now. Thanks for the info and good luck this year!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/30/trey-lance-has-small-chip-in-his-finger-will-miss-about-a-week/

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan revealed Monday that the rookie quarterback has a “small chip” in a finger. Shanahan would not specify which finger or on which hand. 

“I’m not going to get into which finger it is. It’s one of his five,” Shanahan said without specifying which hand, but presumably, based on the coach’s quote, it is Lance’s throwing hand.

Shanahan expects Lance to miss about seven days while the injury heals

Shanahan also allowed that offensive tackle Shon Coleman strained a triceps and will be “out awhile.”

Thankfully only a week long injury for Lance. And this is basically a mini bye week anyway so better to miss this week than any other

As for Coleman, 2021 will be his fourth season with us yet he still hasn't played a regular season snap for us. Gota think we're going to move on after he's healed

So now Jaylon Moore is our swing T for sure?

Edited by 49ersfan

34 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/30/trey-lance-has-small-chip-in-his-finger-will-miss-about-a-week/

Thankfully only a week long injury for Lance. And this is basically a mini bye week anyway so better to miss this week than any other

As for Coleman, 2021 will be his fourth season with us yet he still hasn't played a regular season snap for us. Gota think we're going to move on after he's healed

So now Jaylon Moore is our swing T for sure?

Yeah, I'd say Moore won the job even if Coleman didn't get hurt. I thought Moore looked good in pre-season. I imagine Coleman will be a injury settlement release tomorrow. 

I'd really like to see if we can sneak Brendel onto the roster, then IR Banks for 3 weeks and role with McKivitz, Moore, and Brendel as our main depth. I also wouldn't mind seeing Kelemete and Shepley land on the PS as emergency depth. 

Probably were going to release him and add him to the PS but knew he wouldn't clear waivers. 

Guessing we keep 5 LB's - Warner, Greenlaw, Al-Shair, Flannagan-Fowles, Harris

I know we signed 2 UDFA LB's this offseason but forget their names, one or both of them are going to the PS

Edited by 49ersfan

38 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm a little surprised with this, but he was going to be the 5th LB, so not a huge deal. I wonder if Elijah Sullivan has a chance to make the roster over Harris. I liked Sullivan's play this pre-season, even if it was against bottom of the roster type guys. Sullivan has been a sure tackler and moves really well. Harris is anything but a sure tackler. 

My LB rankings went like this:

1. Warner

2. Greenlaw

3. Al-Shaair

4. DFF

5. Griffith

6. Sullivan

7. Harris

8. Hilliard

I guess he was the 6th on the depth chart and would have been cut in favour of Harris and DFF(have to say won't mind Harris being our 3rd LB even with his tackling issues. He is always around the ball and makes things happen. Could grow in a Alexander type where he makes a big play one play and then misses a easy tackle the next). Probably would have kept Griffith over DFF but i can see the choice for DFF and then to save him from bringing in nothing we get some value back at least.

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I guess he was the 6th on the depth chart and would have been cut in favour of Harris and DFF(have to say won't mind Harris being our 3rd LB even with his tackling issues. He is always around the ball and makes things happen. Could grow in a Alexander type where he makes a big play one play and then misses a easy tackle the next). Probably would have kept Griffith over DFF but i can see the choice for DFF and then to save him from bringing in nothing we get some value back at least.

Harris works if you have guys like Tartt behind him ready to clean up his miss...But Griffith to me was the 3rd best LB on the team.

Oh well, not going to dwell on this too much. 

Any cuts that interest anyone?

Newton just got released and the Mac era will start in week 1!

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Harris works if you have guys like Tartt behind him ready to clean up his miss...But Griffith to me was the 3rd best LB on the team.

Oh well, not going to dwell on this too much. 

Any cuts that interest anyone?

Newton just got released and the Mac era will start in week 1!

Yeah i hated Harris at safety because you couldn't trust him to make that 6 yard or 60 yard tackle now its the 2 yard or 10 yards kinda tackles which if he gets you a few turnovers or makes stops in the backfield you can more easily live with. Will always be frustrating when he misses one but its much easier to swallow. I am also not that big on Al-Shaair and Griffith has been great for the most part so its a shame to lose him but you simply can't keep them all and i think chances where high if we did cut him he would have been snagged up.

I think WFT has the most interesting guys cut. Wouldn't mind snagging up Gandy-Golden altough he is more of a athlete than a finished product at WR and if we want to shore up our nickle depth Moreland could be interesting but probably not really room for that. Besides that haven't really dove deep in the cuts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't like this....Griffith showed good instincts and just made plays. He may not be the best of athletes but he looked like the third best LB on the team to me. 

I agree 100%. This was a surprise.