Hawkeye Disney+ - New Episodes Wednesday's

Acgott

Solid ep,

There was some odd edits to the chase (clip they released a couple weeks ago) and compositing was not great…but fine enough.

Liked seeing all the Echo stuff, can see why they want to do a show to explore that way more.

Spoiler

So when we seeing Uncle / Fisk’s face for the first time? End of next episode?

Seems like a whole helluva lot they are going to have to pack into 3 episodes. 

Fantastic introduction to the Echo character, they packed A LOT of info and sympathy into that 7 minute intro.

Yeah, the "Uncle" is clearly going to be a recognizable face.

Renner is so good in the role, glad that he is getting a chance to shine here, even with the show devoting a lot of time to new characters as well.

I thought the car chase was great, but the escape from the Tracksuits in the warehouse was even better.

Loved the Pym arrow

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Solid ep,

There was some odd edits to the chase (clip they released a couple weeks ago) and compositing was not great…but fine enough.

Liked seeing all the Echo stuff, can see why they want to do a show to explore that way more.

Reveal hidden contents

So when we seeing Uncle / Fisk’s face for the first time? End of next episode?

Seems like a whole helluva lot they are going to have to pack into 3 episodes. 

Kind of wish I didn't read that tbh.

Spoiler

It's been set up like the uncle would be Jack, but I guess that could just be misleading. I kind of hope Fisk isn't the uncle so I can actually be surprised now if/when he shows up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Kind of wish I didn't read that tbh.

Reveal hidden contents

It's been set up like the uncle would be Jack, but I guess that could just be misleading. I kind of hope Fisk isn't the uncle so I can actually be surprised now if/when he shows up.

Spoiler

Just a guess, don’t know if it is for sure. It’d make sense for the situation but these shows tend to be more insular than we all speculate. ie Reed Richards and Mephisto stuff in Wandavision.

• Like 1

Forgot to bring it up earlier. They did a decent job of giving Echo's backstory. Nothing groundbreaking or too crazy. But I also didn't see anything that makes me want to watch a show about her. Maybe that'll change by the end but so far I feel like she's middle management throwaway.

I do love how they've gone back and shown how everything the Avenger's have done have affected people in different ways. Makes the heroes more gray and human.

• Like 1

Wasn't Yelena supposed to be showing up in this? I almost forgot about her entirely, but I was thinking about how much they have left to throw in/accomplish in the last 3 episodes, and then I remembered that that seemed like it was going to be a whole thing based on the Black Widow scene.

4 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

That’ll probably be the moneyshot of this series.

Trying to remove that from the bridge would make for an amazing pilot for Damage Control.  ABC shelved the series in 2019 but it would be cool to see Marvel develop it for Disney+.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Matt Fraction's fingerprints are all over this dialogue and I love it

The post battle train scene was right out of his Hawkeye run 

I've seen a few things online where they took stills from the show and they are ripped exactly from the panels of that run.

Some interesting shots in this last episode. I thought the way the car chase was shot was so, so cool. But they had a weirdly high amount of extreme close ups on Maya that didn't really fit with everything else. It was very weird.