Hawkeye Disney+ - New Episodes Wednesday's

Acgott

26 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

The blip thing was cool raised a lot of questions for me though.  

if someone was blipped in say a plane in the sky did they appear there 5 years later and fall to their death?

What if they were in a bathroom like Yelena but 5 years later it was renovated and a wall was there instead

this has been addressed by the Russo's. IIRC they said that Banner's snap was specifically, "Return everyone Thanos snapped away safely"

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

The blip thing was cool raised a lot of questions for me though.  

if someone was blipped in say a plane in the sky did they appear there 5 years later and fall to their death?

What if they were in a bathroom like Yelena but 5 years later it was renovated and a wall was there instead

What if they were in a bathroom stall or changing room and someone else is in there when they come back?

The real answer is probably just 'magic'. Bruce probably made sure not to bring anyone back 30,000 feet in the air.

One other implication though that this episode made me think of, since it mentioned adopting a kid- what if an entire family disappeared except for a kid, and there is no one in the family to take care of them, then that kid gets adopted? What happens when the biological parents come back and justifiably want their kid back, who has now spent years with another family?

• Like 1

I think they were smart to stick with 6 episodes for these, and even smarter going a little longer with WandaVision with a few couple of episodes being much shorter.  Keeps things tight and the story contained, but gives them a little extra room to put in that character development.  These shows are all like 3.5-4 hour movies, just broken up and not having to sacrifice good material for run time.  I hope that if they have a show where they plan on 6, but 7 makes more sense, then go 7 or 8, etc....  Be flexible and focus on the story telling.

I.E. - The whole hearing angle and introduction of Echo as a complex character fits in this series, where it would not have nearly the development it has received in a 2.5 hour movie.

6 hours ago, minutemancl said:

What if they were in a bathroom stall or changing room and someone else is in there when they come back?

The real answer is probably just 'magic'. Bruce probably made sure not to bring anyone back 30,000 feet in the air.

One other implication though that this episode made me think of, since it mentioned adopting a kid- what if an entire family disappeared except for a kid, and there is no one in the family to take care of them, then that kid gets adopted? What happens when the biological parents come back and justifiably want their kid back, who has now spent years with another family?

Somewhat related it dawned on me why the other widow had to adopt a child way later than it should have. Little touch

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

this has been addressed by the Russo's. IIRC they said that Banner's snap was specifically, "Return everyone Thanos snapped away safely"

Really? Too bad, I think the other way is more interesting (if sadder).

On another topic, a series set on a non-earth world exploring how they dealt with the snap would be cool (though will never happen, we still don't have a Klingon based Star Trek for heaven's sake).

On 12/16/2021 at 4:15 AM, pwny said:

Without any spoilers, has anything happened in here that would potentially be relevant to seeing Spider-Man? Or can I wait until after seeing it Friday to catch up?

There is a little..."something" that isn't relevant to the plot of Spider-Man NWH, but exciting. The connection to this show isn't that big of a stretch I'll put it that way. But you can definitely see Spider-Man first. Great timing by Marvel with the premiere of this episode and the new Spider-Man movie. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Spoiler

Can’t believe how many people believe Kingpin is actually dead.

1)We never saw him die on screen which is rule #1 in a superhero movies/shows/comics

2)Echo is getting her own show, so what sense would it make to kill her biggest adversary.

3)SPOILER: Daredevil is confirmed back so why kill off his biggest connection/adversary in a one off episode.

4)That was the same exact scene from a comic (forgive me, I’m no comic book head so I don’t know the comic or issue) and he survived it in that comic.

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:
  Hide contents

Can’t believe how many people believe Kingpin is actually dead.

1)We never saw him die on screen which is rule #1 in a superhero movies/shows/comics

2)Echo is getting her own show, so what sense would it make to kill her biggest adversary.

3)SPOILER: Daredevil is confirmed back so why kill off his biggest connection/adversary in a one off episode.

4)That was the same exact scene from a comic (forgive me, I’m no comic book head so I don’t know the comic or issue) and he survived it in that comic.

Spoiler

100% agree, though I think a lot of the Echo show will be flashbacks. But yeah no way they brought him in for just this.

Also wasn’t expecting them to buff up his abilities so much. Almost makes it feasible he’d be able to kinda fight with Spidey.

All in all the show was pretty good, but a bit of a miss on the finale.

Cons

• Kingpin was basically just a cameo despite extended scenes in the episode, the fact that it was Kingpin vs Generic Mobster #7 wasn't really much of a difference.  And yeah, no way is he dead.
  • I get they wanted to feature Clint and Kate working as a team, but when did the Tracksuits get an entire army of guys?
  • I felt like Kazi's ending was a little bit piecemeal and they didn't have a real satisfactory finish for him.  Just a couple more minutes of scenes of him telling Kingpin that Maya knows or something similar would have gone a long way.
  • I liked it, but the comic relief was pretty thick in this episode. I get they wanted this series to be a lot of fun, but it was a little too much at times.

Pros

• Army of tracksuits aside, them working as a team with Kate beginning it sliding on the ice giving them cover was a pretty cool scene
  • I liked the Clint/Yelena interaction, I just wish they would have fit it in better
  • Making the trick arrows and Clint showing Kate how it's done was a pretty cool scene
  • Loved that Kate turned her mom in, and I thought the Jack character would have fallen flat in this episode, but it didn't. Kudo's to Tony Dalton for playing that right
  • All the Clint/Kate heart to heart stuff worked real well, and by the end she definitely feels like his protege.
  • Renner just killed it in this, I hope he gets some more shine in the MCU still, but I won't be shocked if he is done.

The Duke's MCU Rankings

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  2. Avengers: Infinity War
  3. Avengers: Endgame
  4. The Avengers
  5. Captain America: Civil War
  6. Doctor Strange
  7. Thor: Ragnarok
  8. Iron Man
  9. WandaVision
  10. Spider-Man: No Way Home
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy