Who will be the first coach fired?

brownie man

I’ve been thinking it was going to be Zimmer

My cousin thinks it might be Joe Judge

After today I’m officially calling my shot and saying Matt Nagy will be the first coach fired. 

What I saw today makes me think Hue Jackson is making phone calls trying to please his case get back into the league

I think Pace/Nagy go by midseason, especially if Fields keeps starting and they keep failing to play to his strengths.  Pace will be fired for failing to get talent while continually giving up picks, Nagy for just being a flat out bad coach.

And in the same line of thinking, with so many guys from Big Red's coaching tree being flat out bad Eric Biennemy has got to be off radars now right?

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Has to be Matt Nagy or Joe Judge. I'd lean more towards Judge though because if the Bears are going to make a move I'd assume that Pace/Nagy are both fired together at the end of the season while I could see Judge fired at any point.

Yeah, this is the two horse race to me. 

It almost seemed like Nagy was trying to say "See I told you so" about Fields not being ready...and he did it by not doubling or chipping either Myles or Clowney, by not calling boot designed passes, by not establishing or trying to establish the run, and by deciding to kick a FG to go down 13-6 on 4th and 1 from inside the Red Zone late in the third quarter.

Good work Nagy, you proved that you were "right" and almost intentionally tanked Fields and the game as a result.

• Like 1

Matt Nagy was hired as an offensive guru who has completely and utterly failed to do anything with this Bears offense, which has in turn wasted one of the best defenses over the past couple of years because of how bad his schemes are.

He should be fired first over Joe Judge, IMO. However, Judge absolutely deserves to go as well, for no other reason than hiring Jason Garrett and expecting that to NOT be a complete train wreck.

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

And in the same line of thinking, with so many guys from Big Red's coaching tree being flat out bad Eric Biennemy has got to be off radars now right?

I'd like to think that each of them are evaluated on their own merits. Just because one fails doesn't mean others would. Pederson won a super bowl. EB seems to have other issues holding him back though, and this probably doesn't help. Nagy was a dumb hire to begin with  if we are being honest. He kind of had that Gase wunderkind reputation for whatever reason. No seasoning though

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I want Judge to get fired, Garrett to take over and then turn them from a ~1-6 team to a perfect 8-8-1. 

The things I would do for an 8 win season.

Gettleman and Judge are going together, along with the rest of the staff, at the end of the season most likely. Then we'll promote Kevin Abrams from assistant GM to GM, hire another bad coach, and repeat again in 2 years.