When does Belichick's seat start to get hot?

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I agree with that, I don't think the Patriots would publicly fire him though, he'll probably just retire. If they have another disappointing season I could see him going yolo mode and trading for Watson or Jimmy G, if that doesn't work, he'll ride off and leave it up to McDaniels.

Both sides would do everything in their power to avoid a public firing, I agree. Bowden wasn't technically fired either, but he didn't leave by choice.

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

If the Patriots continue to miss the playoffs and Kraft isn't seeing the extra revenue from extra games, jersey sales, concessions, etc. that he wouldn't consider moving on? I do believe it would take a while, but if they finish this season and next season with a losing record then the questions will come.

They only won like 4 playoff games in 2 decades before Bill was hired though.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Both sides would do everything in their power to avoid a public firing, I agree. Bowden wasn't technically fired either, but he didn't leave by choice.

FSU also hadn't won a national championship in a decade. 

47 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

But it does. It is how he's viewed. I think you mean how he is performing at present. But anyone who views him in the present views those accolades.

So you’re trying to say that no matter how he performs, he’d never be on the hot seat because of how he’s viewed

Again - absurd. There are more and more people saying it was Brady the whole time. Those voices will only get louder with more losing. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

FSU was a women's college and had won like 5 games in the previous 3 seasons before Bowden was hired.

FSU also hadn't won a national championship in a decade. 

Yeah, I'm aware of this. Again, this is about a hypothetical of how long it would take for the seat to get hot. I'm simply giving an example of a legendary coach getting pushed out and the length of time it took for that to happen. It's not impossible.

IF BB goes 5 years without a playoff win and misses the playoffs 3x...

Success is the new expectation.  When you elevate the organization, fans, owners, players don't expect to slip back into mediocrity.  

Bill needs 2-3 seasons to restock post-Brady.  If we encroaching on the end of Mac's rookie deal and we're not in the fray competing for the division or we're only competing for 3rd place, I think something happens to try and right the ship before we start growing weeds.  We're currently 1-3 with 2 losses of a combined 3 points, most of our offensive skill positions are 1st year in the system.  I expect to see things gel a bit more as the season goes.  

As far as trading for JG, no... I'll stick with MJ over him at this juncture, and Watson would carry a hefty premium (even with his off-field stuff) which would hamper our ability to fill so many other holes we have in the team right now.  

• 1 month later...