Week 4 GDT: Chiefs @ Eagles — {Andy food joke here}

RandyMossIsBoss

I mean, 5000 total yards and 32 TDs, 10 or so turnovers is a pretty good year. I know it doesn’t tell the whole story but you should be able to win with a QB like that. Problem is, we’d need a good run game and a good D to make it a potentially dangerous team. These coaches ain’t showing that as of yet. 

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Hurts did well, you could maybe take that last score away….but they had multiple touchdowns taken away do to stupid stuff. Our red zone offense has been abysmal and it’s debilitating when you score 3 times and get them all voided.

RN the penalties and the overall talent on defense are what is killing this team. You could go a step forward and just say poise and awareness, a lot of people are playing dumb football. Like even Hurts will occasionally just do a dumb thing like through the ball out of bounds on 4th down.

32 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

As a Dallas fan, you should never worry about your QB/team not getting enough hype. 

A fair bit was stat padding in the sense of being behind and complete disregard for the running game, we thought Andy was bad at running the ball but since Chip it has gotten progressively worse with each coach. But yes, Hurts didn´t look as good as his stats would indicate nor did he play bad. 

Looks like Hurts isnt getting any favors from the play calling:

50 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Interesting perspective on the defensive scheme 

Bend but don't break defenses are ok.

But when it's bend, then break, I don't care how quickly it's breaking, it's still effing breaking.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

PFF report vs Chiefs:

Hurts was average (66.2). This seems about right, was a lot of short throws any NFL QB is expected to make. The few great throws balanced out by the few bad ones.

Gainwell- 90

Sanders- 56.2

Ertz (85.3) and Devonta (74.2) had nice grades. Goedert surprisingly did not at 64.2. Reagor and JJAW both with some of the O’s worst grades as usual.

Dickerson apparently was a stud in run blocking (90+) but a dud in pass pro (44). Overall a good 77.6 grade. Kelce had team best 93.3. Driscoll w/ a very respectable 71.3. Herbig the weak link at 58.1.

Don’t think I need to touch too much on D. Slay, Taylor and McCleod were the only defenders above 70 (and not much higher). Most guys were sub 50. They gave Hargrave a 39.5 which is surprising, basically they had him being trash in the run game. Harris our worst starter at 36.1. 

Didn'te even realize Davion Taylor was on the field outside of STs this game. I really want to get him onto the field more.

Anyone watching knows the safeties are on deep field watch every play. It’s one thing I definitely heard about Gannon is his unwillingness to give up those splash plays. But there’s a clear issue with that when any play is netting 10 yards at a clip. Know something that doesn’t take a lot of talent and will still make the QB make quick decisions? Blitzing. The CBs are decent. I trust them to cover for a couple seconds. Start blitzing more. We’re clearly not very good schematically. Maybe create some chaos, get some turnovers, if you’re just going to get gashed every drive. 

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Anyone watching knows the safeties are on deep field watch every play. It’s one thing I definitely heard about Gannon is his unwillingness to give up those splash plays. But there’s a clear issue with that when any play is netting 10 yards at a clip. Know something that doesn’t take a lot of talent and will still make the QB make quick decisions? Blitzing. The CBs are decent. I trust them to cover for a couple seconds. Start blitzing more. We’re clearly not very good schematically. Maybe create some chaos, get some turnovers, if you’re just going to get gashed every drive. 

He does need to mix it up.

I think this is a scheme that could work wonderfully with some talent. You need safeties linebackers and edges to make plays on their own. and either by talent (safeties and lbs) or fit (edges) it’s just not happening.

Luckily for us the draft has some decent options. But for this year I’d like to see him be more nimble on his feet and develop something that gives us a better chance against the solid and above teams. Like the Cowboys are built for the Dak & Dunk stuff…you give them the time to get a rhythm it’s tough to stop them. Same with Kyle Shanahan.

I think there is a decent chance we think differently about both sides of the ball by the end of the year, you look at the schedule from Halloween on and it’s really very winnable with some equally middling to awful teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Bend but don't break defenses are ok.

But when it's bend, then break, I don't care how quickly it's breaking, it's still effing breaking.

Yep. What we are doing now guarantees we will get scored on but has almost no chance of generating turnovers unless our front 4 goes crazy. The soft zone is just getting us killed everywhere except deep. It's bad.

Missed the majority of the game because of a golf tournament and it seems like it was for the best. 

Seems like a real possibility that Gainwell could take over for Miles in the very near future.

Hurts had 387 passing yards and Reagor only had 9 receiving yards on 1 target? Did he not play much?

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Kyle Pitts 4-31-0

George Kittle 4-17-0

Travis Kelce 4-23-0

Dalton Schultz 7-80-2

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

Yeah im just as confused on kittle. I was thinking of trading for him in fantasy but I just don't know if it's worth it at this point lol