Jon Gruden Plans to Resign

NYRaider

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

A lot to process. Still can't believe Gruden's legacy ended like this.

This was a blessing because he was an unmitigated disaster as a coach and GM. Interested to see what Mayock does now with true freedom as the GM. 

Who is going to help Davis navigate this? Seriously, what a blow this has to be to him in a time he needs to sell tickets. Do we honestly trust Davis to find the right people going forward for the GM role?

The Raiders simply cannot pull themselves out of the doldrums in the NFL.

I think Mayock can actually be a solid GM for us now that Gruden doesn't have final say in all of our personnel decisions. David Shaw and Mike Mayock have a good relationship as Shaw would regularly be a guest on NFL network during draft season discussing prospects with Mayock. 

It will be interesting seeing the Raiders operate the rest of the season under Mayock. We all know Gruden was the final decision maker but now Mayock is that guy. Everything Mayock has wanted to do but couldn't with JG around may final happen. 

I'm intrigued by who he shuffles around to start, who he cuts/calls up, who we sign, any trades we may make. Mayock has a very short leash and amount of time to get this team on track. It'll be fun seeing Mayock the actual GM function.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

A lot to process. Still can't believe Gruden's legacy ended like this.

This was a blessing because he was an unmitigated disaster as a coach and GM. Interested to see what Mayock does now with true freedom as the GM. 

Who is going to help Davis navigate this? Seriously, what a blow this has to be to him in a time he needs to sell tickets. Do we honestly trust Davis to find the right people going forward for the GM role?

The Raiders simply cannot pull themselves out of the doldrums in the NFL.

Talk of the town few weeks ago I thought Hue had a fall from grace but this is whole another level Gruden probably going to be a recluse now 

16 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

It's crazy how many people don't understand our 3-0 start was smoke and mirrors and wasn't a formula for sustain success. 

Carr was averaging 400 yards per game and we couldn't run the ball at all. The writing was on the wall. 

Definitely a kick to the ol groin for us, but we should be used to that by now unfortunately. It does suck to see gruden go out like this, but it needed to happen. And I was absolutely done with the run, run, pass on 3rd and 11. Lol. I’d be curious to see if MM is a different man now for sure. We’ll see how the team responds.... this will get beat to death by the media, let’s face it, some were prolly licking their chops! As a fan I’m just kinda in shock rt now, and I certainly don’t know if I’m “celebrating “ another rebuild tbh. Not saying it doesn’t need to happen either tho. SMH X 100!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr was averaging 400 yards per game and we couldn't run the ball at all. The writing was on the wall. 

And now the book how to stop Carr is out early in the season. Two weeks in a row we played aggressive defenses who punched us in the mouth.

The drama with Gruden didn’t help vs Chicago 

I think the larger issue here isn’t political incorrectness or boorish behavior.  

I think the bigger question is were the cheerleaders coerced into sex acts or posing nude at threat of their job or other coercion? 

That is a crime.  People seem more concerned with the former than the latter.  

• Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

And now the book how to stop Carr is out early in the season. Two weeks in a row we played aggressive defenses who punched us in the mouth.

The drama with Gruden didn’t help vs Chicago 

If we're unable to run the ball of course we're going to struggle. The Chargers and Bears are good defensive teams.

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I agree. We won two games in OT and beat a banged up Steelers team. 

Despite all of that we had the ball with a chance to score late vs the Chargers down 21-14. And the score was 14-9 against the Bears late in the second half. 

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think the larger issue here isn’t political incorrectness or boorish behavior.  

I think the bigger question is were the cheerleaders coerced into sex acts or posing nude at threat of their job or other coercion? 

That is a crime.  People seem more concerned with the former than the latter.  

Oops meant to post this in NFL news. 

43 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It will be interesting seeing the Raiders operate the rest of the season under Mayock. We all know Gruden was the final decision maker but now Mayock is that guy. Everything Mayock has wanted to do but couldn't with JG around may final happen. 

I'm intrigued by who he shuffles around to start, who he cuts/calls up, who we sign, any trades we may make. Mayock has a very short leash and amount of time to get this team on track. It'll be fun seeing Mayock the actual GM function.

Absolutely, we don't know what will happen with the GM position but I'm particularly interested to see what Mike Mayock would do in a draft left to his own devices and without having to cede to Jon Gruden on the big decisions.