What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 11/3/2020 at 11:33 AM, THE DUKE said:

What's it on, and what kind of show is it?  I'm looking for a show to start.  Thinking about Schitt's creek, but I usually don't like binging comedies.

Schitt's Creek is very good, and very worth watching.  But it really doesn't seem very binge-able to me.  Idk, i'm Canadian, so i just watched it as it came out.  But i think it's a little bit too much to actually binge.  And i'm not someone opposed to binging comedies.  I ripped through Happy Endings, and even New Girl like a madman.  Schitt's Creek just has a very different vibe.  The characters are so huge, it takes a minute to digest i think.

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Finished The Queen's Gambit. That truly was incredible. Very nice job Netflix. Anya was awesome. 

Wife and I are diving into the Undoing next.

just finished the queens gambit on wednesday and the undoing tonight. both so good. such a wild rollercoaster. enjoy the ride.

The special episode of euphoria was impressive. Kinda boring and not terribly interesting for an overall plot but the dialogue between the two for the whole episode was compelling and impressive from an acting standpoint. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

The special episode of euphoria was impressive. Kinda boring and not terribly interesting for an overall plot but the dialogue between the two for the whole episode was compelling and impressive from an acting standpoint. 

That's the last thing I need to get through. I kind of feel like that's going to be something i enjoy because I almost feel like the series as a whole would be better for being more stripped down. I think that there is an amazing character study for several of these people hiding in the show if you tore down the unneeded crap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That's the last thing I need to get through. I kind of feel like that's going to be something i enjoy because I almost feel like the series as a whole would be better for being more stripped down. I think that there is an amazing character study for several of these people hiding in the show if you tore down the unneeded crap. 

I think covid restrictions set the stage in them doing it like this but it was well executed

Could’ve sworn I saw some posts on here about The Undoing before I started it but don’t see any. Just finished it. It wasn’t bad.

spoiler in [white]:

I can’t recall seeing a show where the initial suspect ends up being the true culprit all along. So used to trying to solve who done it that I wasn’t quite expecting it to be out there so blatantly lol. Hugh grant did pretty okay, plays a good recognizable narcissist. Nicole Kidman is pretty terrible at reading people though, since that is her strong suit, went to Harvard and everything for it, didn’t have anything going on to distract her and still didn’t catch on the dude wasn’t right. It was pretty neat that he didn’t dispose of the hammer though. As a narcissist I think it was because he wanted to be caught but thought he was clever enough to worm out of it even being out in the open. My dad fit the bill for his character, although he never murdered a smoking hot Hispanic artist, he definitely loved the people he felt would give him love.

it wasn’t bad but it was totally forgettable.

Edited by Ty21

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Could’ve sworn I saw some posts on here about The Undoing before I started it but don’t see any. Just finished it. It wasn’t bad.

spoiler in [white]:

SPOILER BELOW:

I think that's the whole point - the twist was there was no twist. I mean I called the husband cheating and being the killer on episode 2, but then by the last episode I had suspected everyone BUT the husband. it's funny cause I actually thought nicole kidman was a sociopath and the killer about halfway through. at the end my main guess was her dad. by the finale, I also thought it might be the friend. they seemed to just force her character in at weird times, I thought they were giving clues. same with the dad. for that, I think they did a wonderful job. that had to have been their intention. hugh grant was outstanding imo. his facial expressions were on point. very refreshing and would disagree that it's totally forgettable just based on their take on a twist alone. 

just finished episode 1 of the the flight attendant. my type of show, but I didn't enjoy it. the girl is just too stupid. it was frustrating to watch. I'll keep on watching just to know what happened but don't have high hopes. 

Edited by swoosh

22 hours ago, swoosh said:

just finished episode 1 of the the flight attendant. my type of show, but I didn't enjoy it. the girl is just too stupid. it was frustrating to watch. I'll keep on watching just to know what happened but don't have high hopes. 

It took me three tries to get through the first episode. It doesn't get much better with regards to get character, but I did get more interested in the plot. Unfortunately, it's been a little too predictable