What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

23 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Good God the new Twilight Zone is awful so far.

The best episode has only been decent and the rest are equally embarrassingly bad.

Really bad.

Ratings for the second season shoot up significantly so I’ll give some of the higher rated episodes a chance, but if I watch one more half as bad as the last one I watched, CBS All Access can give me a decade free and I still won’t watch anything on it.  

But but Jordan peele 

On 12/8/2020 at 7:49 PM, Outpost31 said:

Got a one month free trial of CBS All Access and literally the only thing I want to watch on it is Twilight Zone.

First episode was only decent, but not bad.   

On 12/8/2020 at 9:05 PM, Malfatron said:

This should be fun.

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Good God the new Twilight Zone is awful so far.

The best episode has only been decent and the rest are equally embarrassingly bad.

Really bad.

Ratings for the second season shoot up significantly so I’ll give some of the higher rated episodes a chance, but if I watch one more half as bad as the last one I watched, CBS All Access can give me a decade free and I still won’t watch anything on it.  

and there it is

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

and there it is

It's just so damn bad.  I just... It's like why would they think these are good episodes? 

I especially hated their Gillete ad remake. 

3/4 of the episodes I've seen so far are trying harder to virtue signal than present a compelling story.

The swearing in the show is thrown in just so CBS can be all like:

lookwhaticando_ab59f652e488c2a5012d98362

The Comedian was crap.  Kumail Nanjiana I like a lot and he was good in it, but that was a dumb*** story with no Goddamn point whatsoever.  And if I heard him start with that lame *** joke one more time... That episode is actually a fantastic microcosm for the entire series.  A lame setup with a lame punchline and no real meat whatsoever.  The subtlety of a jackhammer with a radio built in that plays music loud enough to hear over the sound of the jackhammer. 

Nightmare at 30,000 Feet.  This episode was the best episode.  And that's embarrassing considering how vanilla, bland, predictable, unexciting and rife with shameful and lazy writing.  Like for the love of God, this whole causality bull**** has been done ten thousand billion times before, but exponentially better because none of the other ones had a ****ing podcast saying exactly what's going to happen.  I liked how they changed the story though. 

Replay was embarrassing.  Like really embarrassing.  You try to make this point this way by making this one this blatantly this and you instantly lose the narrative.  Give me a fifty dollar prepaid gift card and I will write a better version of this episode with a message that hits harder and doesn't feel like it's ********* ****** *******, might actually make ***** ****** see a different perspective and might actually convey a point without seeming like it's condescending shaming instead of a message on ************* *******.  This episode just showed this show's complete and total embarrassing lack of any actual writing talent.  All this show is is a bunch of film school rejects who happen to be cousins with Steven Spielberg's former roommate's nephew's uncle sitting in a room with potato chips and veggie chips arguing over whether or not there's any real health difference between a veggie chip and a potato chip while throwing social justice darts at a map of America and thinking they understand the issue. 

A Traveler was like the definition of meh.  You send a text to an older parent, grandparent maybe when they ask you how your day was and you respond with meh.  They're like, "What the heck does meh mean?"  You tell them to watch this episode.  What was their great human condition point in this episode?  Did the writers even know?  They sure threw a bunch of bull**** into the dialogue.  Did they try to make a point on race?  Did they try to make a point on greed?  Did they even have any ****ing clue what point they were trying to make?  Considering it literally ended with a drunk sharing pie with an alien, I'm inclined to believe that nobody had any actual ****ing clue what this episode was about.

The Wunderkind I really can't say anything bad about.  Why?  Because I'm not going to waste a ****ing hour of my life watching some misguided political point (I assume) of someone getting a child elected President.  Our political system allows for  very questionable things to happen in electing very questionable people into office, but one limitation it actually does have is on age.  If you want to make some point there, make it some Goddamn Big in reverse point for ****'s sake.  As soon as I read the premise to this I got so ****ing annoyed I didn't even watch it.  Considering it' tied for third worst-rated episode of the series, I feel I made a strong choice.

Six Degrees of Freedom was the most decent episode on second thought.  Although I literally said exactly what this was literally exactly after there was an alarm for an inbound nuke and literally said exactly what would happen (I mean literally, not figuratively, literally since this has been done 10,000 times before), it delivered.  It did a good job of toying with the twist enough for casual audiences that I think they would have gotten a strong kick out of it.  But come on, man...

Not All Men.  This one is a FANTASTIC remake of a Gillette ad.  It did a great job of making me feel guilty about my penis.  Such a great job I actually just cut off my penis.  I especially like how it started with a man digging his hand into a pile of cosmic hot soup to get an asteroid even though anyone who has ever seen a movie out of the 80's knows you stay TF away from anything that comes out of the Goddamn sky.  This episode was the single worst steaming pile of horse**** I have ever seen in television.  It lost its own narrative.  Like it literally lost its own narrative.  You want to make an episode about **** culture just give me a 75 dollar gift card to Home Depot and I'll throw you a bone. 

Point of Origin.  This one I skipped only because the plot of it sounded boring and because it is tied with The Wunderkind as the second lowest rated episode of the series.  I could take three guesses as to the point this one is trying to make. 

Look... I don't even disagree with any point they're trying to make in these episodes, but when you start with an agenda, nothing you write about will feel anything like anything other than preaching, and nobody likes preaching about anything.  The Twilight Zone could make an episode about drafting receivers top ten in the draft and I would hate the episode because of how they would telegraph their point while pretending they're being coy with it.  You're not coy. 

The Blue Scorpion Were they literally parodying themselves in this one?  Lol, good God they didn't even know WTF they were talking about here.  Are they trying to make an anti-gun parody or satire?  Because this sure felt like they were making fun of gun control.  Like literally this one is exactly what I'm talking about with this show and how they seem to be losing their own Goddamn narrative.  This one LITERALLY felt like an NRA representative was told to parody gun control activists.  He made a gun shoot itself.  He made a gun evil while having an anthropologist talk to a student about inanimate objects having souls... I'm not making this up, this is literally what the episode was about.  This literally took place in  this episode.  A gun shot itself, there was an argument about whether or not inanimate objects have souls, a gun is afraid of the dark (and also evil), and a gun shoots itself a second time and saves the day - a gun (not the person holding the gun) - literally shoots on its own and saves the day.  Then, when the protagonist decides to get rid of the gun because guns are bad, he throws it into a lake only for two kids to get the gun.  Read that again because if I was to take the standpoint of guns fer everberdy and try to parody people who are for gun control, this is what I would write.  They can't even write their own points without looking like they're parodying themselves.

Blurryman.  Here we go.  The meta episode.  The episode where they collectively pat themselves on their back and literally talk right to the camera about a writer's responsibility and social causes in entertainment.  The episode where a bunch of writers glorify their own profession and act like they're modern day saints and some external force (fans) are trying to bring them down.  The episode where they defend their **** writing by acting like tens of thousands of the audience are wrong, but their group of ten around a kale chip, fart bag, non-GMO, organic blueberry filled table of a writer's group is some last bastion of defense against alleged pleb audiences.  I haven't finished this episode, but I will.  Why?  Because I am a big fan of Zazie Beetz. 

This show is terrible.  It's terrible.  So terrible.

If this is the cream of the CBS All Access crop, CBS is exactly what I said they were.

• Like 2

Season 2 episode 2 was also decent.

Crazy what happens to your story when you try to tell a ****ing story instead of virtue signal.

They could get all preachy on literally any Goddamn thing and it would come across as pretentious drivel.  Just tell a ****ing story.