What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 7/19/2021 at 9:45 AM, TENINCH said:

I watched the first episode of The Night of. Really good and really creepy. 

Unfortunately that’s really the only good episode. It goes from a creepy whodunnit to like a commentary on modern prison culture and the justice system lol, it’s bizarre. Prepare for a complete plot/tone shift.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:59 PM, Ray Reed said:

Unfortunately that’s really the only good episode. It goes from a creepy whodunnit to like a commentary on modern prison culture and the justice system lol, it’s bizarre. Prepare for a complete plot/tone shift.

Afraid you were right. Seems like they found out the series wasn't getting renewed so they threw something together for the last few episodes. Could have been a fantastic series.

• Like 1

The Mole seasons 1 and 2 were added to Netflix. Highly recommend if you have any interest in reality game shows. I'm a fan of the concept and thought it was well done overall. There is one big flaw IMO which I'll put as a spoiler for people who've seen it. I think it could have success today if they brought it up. Anderson Cooper is great as the host - I've never paid any attention to him before so. Interestingly enough, recently he said he didn't really understand what was going on and that it was too complex of a show. He could have fooled me, really likable guy and a big reason why I enjoyed it so much. As for it being too complex, I disagree. Seemed pretty easy to pick up on the general idea. It's definitely a show you can't just starting watching midway through, but I'd argue that's the case for most shows like it. 

Season 1 - 7/10 - nothing really stands out but it was enjoyable. 

Season 2 - 9/10 - seriously one of the best seasons of any show I've seen. Same concept, but better "characters". Al was my favorite. Tiny Bubbles. Oh man, too good. This season has a twist and it was revealed after the show just how big of an effect that twist had on the outcome of the game.

My complaint (includes spoilers of who the Mole is):

Spoiler

About midway through the second season, I had the Mole down to either Dorthy or Bill (the Mole). Dorthy couldn't do anything physical - she couldn't ride a bike and she seemed to throw-up just by running around the town. She would get lost and just generally seemed clueless. She was pretty smart, but even that was a red flag. There were a few instances where she would just pull answers to a puzzle right out of thin air at the last second. It seemed way too obvious, so part of me knew she wasn't the Mole. 

Moving onto Bill. For now, after knowing the Mole of season 1, I thought it was pretty likely the producers would pick a male. Also, him being older just seemed like something the producers would be. So early on, my eye was naturally watching him. He threw some challenges that seemed really obvious though (most notably him not staying afloat in the pool for more than a few minutes). Blamed it on his age, but I didn't buy it. I thought he might just be trying to get others to think he was the Mole. Fast forward until the last episode. Final challenge. The three left have to find their way to a castle or some ****. Whoever gets there first gets to decide whether to put 100k in the pot or read a clue that may give them advantage on the final quiz. Bill was first and chose to put 100k in the pot. I immediately threw him out, ignoring everything from before, because if Bill was the Mole it meant he actually earned the group more money than lost. Completely infuriating because that goes against everything the Mole is supposed to do. Stay hidden while causing the group to lose money. And he earned them more money. Dumb. I get that if he would've picked the clue, that might have been a give away, but I disagree. If the clue is going to give you an advantage for the final quiz, why wouldn't you consider that? Yes, 100k is a lot of money, but the pot was already at over 500k. Even so, if he knew he was going to add to the pot, then why wouldn't he just throw the challenge? Make one of the others make the call. Worst case for the Mole, they take the money and you're back where you would've been. 

And that's the major flaw to the Mole. There, at least to the viewer's eyes, no incentive for the Mole to lose the group money. It just felt so arbitrary. 

On 7/26/2021 at 9:50 PM, TENINCH said:

Kevin Smith ruined He-Man for me. I hate him forever!

20 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just got to episode 5 and I know what you mean. Why even cal it He-Man

He's so bitter about the backlash that he keeps foolishly opening his damn mouth.

But yeah, I watched the 5 episodes. It ain't a He-Man show. Very disappointing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:
On 7/26/2021 at 9:50 PM, TENINCH said:

Kevin Smith ruined He-Man for me. I hate him forever!

20 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just got to episode 5 and I know what you mean. Why even cal it He-Man

He's so bitter about the backlash that he keeps foolishly opening his damn mouth.

But yeah, I watched the 5 episodes. It ain't a He-Man show. Very disappointing.

I liked it

13 minutes ago, TENINCH said:
Spoiler

He's dead in the first episode

Not sure why people trying to cash in on nostalgia immediately try to **** on the thing people loved in the first place. It has the opposite of the intended effect at that point, and it seems to be happening a lot in recent years.  Should have called it Masters of the Universe then, that at least is ambiguous and was the original title back in the day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Not sure why people trying to cash in on nostalgia immediately try to **** on the thing people loved in the first place. It has the opposite of the intended effect at that point, and it seems to be happening a lot in recent years.  Should have called it Masters of the Universe then, that at least is ambiguous and was the original title back in the day.

A spin off for his sister would have been cool. Would have watched it. Bring back She-Ra. Would have loved it. Don't kill He-Man in the first episode (or at all) and expect to not get crapped on.