What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

I stopped watching the CW DC shows years ago after falling off so badly around season 4 of The Flash, but I recently checked out a few episodes out of curiosity.

The Flash is just sad anymore.      I mean, they really destroyed what they built early on in the Arrowverse.    They kinda did the same thing with Arrow when they basically made the show about almost everyone except the titular character, but at least some of Arrow's other characters were decent.    The Flash has a pretty insufferable cast.    I went from loving Tom Cavanaugh on the show to absolutely despising him since they basically turned him into a cartoon character.     

And how is it possible that the CG on the show has actually gotten significantly worse?    Not that the effects were ever great, but the CG is at least twice as worse as it was back in the earlier seasons.   My guess is budget cuts, but wow.

The new Superman show is solid, but nothing special....however, its probably the only show thats worth watching.

On 7/16/2021 at 6:39 AM, TENINCH said:

I need a show that is as good as Yellowstone, The Ozarks, The Warrior, and Mare of Eastown. What other recent shows exist that are like these shows?

b05da19c-0fde-44a2-9860-18922c88f10e.png

Riz Ahmed is fantastic in this.  John Turturro plays the lawyer role that James Gandolfini was cast to play before he died.  I liked it more than Mare of Easttown or Ozark and like Mare, it's also just one season.  Trailer

91ZXBn61SkL._RI_.jpg

If you like Sicario, you'll dig this.  A more global look at criminal organizations moving all kinds of products.  Trailer

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I've seen seasons 1 and 2 of The Wire and then only a few eps of season 3 a long time ago.  Can I get right back into the beginning of S3 or do I need to rewatch?

I havent watched season 3 but the same thing happened to me when i watched a few episodes of the 1st season a while ago

im glad i went back and rewatched.

Edited by Malfatron

I somehow got stuck watching Black Summer.

It’s not terrible, but holy ****ing ****.

There’s this guy who is the most helpless idiot moron.  The type who would be dead in the first ten minutes of a real zombie apocalypse.  I’ve had to sit through an entire episode of his incompetence and helplessness and the whole time I’m just hoping he gets put out of his misery.

It was the most painful episode of anything I have ever watched and the ****er doesn’t even die.

And that is probably exactly what would happen.  Someone like that would survive just because of some cosmic series of events that keeps the loser incompetent, incapable morons alive to even the world out with all the rest of the survivors.

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I somehow got stuck watching Black Summer.

It’s not terrible, but holy ****ing ****.

There’s this guy who is the most helpless idiot moron.  The type who would be dead in the first ten minutes of a real zombie apocalypse.  I’ve had to sit through an entire episode of his incompetence and helplessness and the whole time I’m just hoping he gets put out of his misery.

It was the most painful episode of anything I have ever watched and the ****er doesn’t even die.

And that is probably exactly what would happen.  Someone like that would survive just because of some cosmic series of events that keeps the loser incompetent, incapable morons alive to even the world out with all the rest of the survivors.

Black Summer is fun show, as long as you take it for what it is....a mindless zombie show.  I've watched the 2nd season already, and you'll want to stick with it.  Trust me.  Based upon your post, you'll want to stick with it.  Everything happens very fast in the series.  Not much character development, but as long as you go into it with that mindset, it is just campy fun.

I am currently watching the finale of season 1 of "Underbelly".  I've got to say that it a very solid show.  From what I've gathered, each season digs into a certain aspect and timeframe of organized crime in Australia.  If season 1 is any indication, the other 5 seasons are going to be great.  It digs into "The Carlton Crew" which was part of a gangland war that resulted in dozens of deaths.  The season covers a decade of 1995-2004.  A very violent show, with some "Sopranos" themes.  It does a nice job of looking at the story from the vantage point of the cops and the criminals.  It is free to watch on IMDBtv, which I'm accessing through Prime.  

13 hours ago, thrILL! said:

b05da19c-0fde-44a2-9860-18922c88f10e.png

Riz Ahmed is fantastic in this.  John Turturro plays the lawyer role that James Gandolfini was cast to play before he died.  I liked it more than Mare of Easttown or Ozark and like Mare, it's also just one season.  Trailer

91ZXBn61SkL._RI_.jpg

If you like Sicario, you'll dig this.  A more global look at criminal organizations moving all kinds of products.  Trailer

I watched the first episode of The Night of. Really good and really creepy. 

• Like 1