Should Kyle Shanahan & John Lynch be on the hotseat?

ClutchDJ

On 10/16/2021 at 1:57 PM, Xenos said:

You guys had a chance at him in 2017 but went with Vance Joseph instead. Can’t believe Elway blew that opportunity. It was the perfect fit especially after Kubiak.

I doubt Kyle ever takes that job. He has so much more power in SF than he ever would have had under Elway.

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I doubt Kyle ever takes that job. He has so much more power in SF than he ever would have had under Elway.

Correct. I think people don't realize how much the niners gave in. His original contract, as a first time head coach, reportedly had no offset language (one of the reasons he's not going to go anywhere). He hired John Lynch, has control over the final roster, etc. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Apparition said:

What would the fallout have been if Shanahan had taken the Belichick approach at QB and just released or traded JG, handed the reins to Lance (whether he was ready for it or not), and told the world that this season would be all about developing him as a stepping stone for future success? Did he have the accrued capital with the fans, media and ownership to survive making that move and it resulting in a 5-12 season? 

Depends on the fan. There are some die hard Jimmy fanatics

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Excluding the dangerous lunatics out there...

Lol.

I would have been okay with it. I wanted to roll with Trey from jump. 

if we were 2-4 with Trey instead of Jimmy right now, I honestly believe the fanbase wouldn't be going after him nearly as hard as they are right now. Just my opinion though

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Apparition said:

What would the fallout have been if Shanahan had taken the Belichick approach at QB and just released or traded JG, handed the reins to Lance (whether he was ready for it or not), and told the world that this season would be all about developing him as a stepping stone for future success? Did he have the accrued capital with the fans, media and ownership to survive making that move and it resulting in a 5-12 season? 

People just care about results. If the 49ers had a season like that with Lance starting every game, and not looking so hot you'd hear the same groaning in San Francisco that you're starting to hear in Chicago with Fields or New York with Wilson by some fans. "Trey isn't ready" or "Shanahan should have still gotten another veteran" or "Shanahan has one winning season in 5 years" or whatever to spin it a way that solicits blame while ignoring logic. Fans would understand in the offseason, and before the games actually started, but when the losses start to pile up after two or three weeks they'd start acting like savages. A lot of our fans in particular still had Super Bowl hopes with this roster. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Kyle Shanahan is gonna look great on the Falcons sidelines as the OC again next year. 

He's not going anywhere. His extension doesn't even kick in until after next year lol. Jed fired his shot and yikes. At this point he's just got to hope it turns around at some point. 

Also, no way in hell does he go back to being an OC. If the 49ers did fire him, someone is hiring him as HC. He'll get another shot, and he'll likely get it right away. NFL teams won't be able to help themselves. 

• Like 1