Trade Deadline - Nov. 2

packfanfb

Rams gonna go about 7 years with no 1st round pick and completely punted the 2022 draft. They really gotta win it right now because that is some crazy strategy. Certainly primed for a SB run this year with that team now though. Of course GB gets to face them with Von Miller in a few weeks

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Here's why no player is off limits. Rams have literally no money yet they pulled this off.

I was trying to figure out how they did that. They said they paid some of his salary but I didn't know that damn much

Just now, Norm said:

I was trying to figure out how they did that. They said they paid some of his salary but I didn't know that damn much

They basically paid $9m for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Pretty damn good deal with the Rams overall given that they don't give a **** about draft picks anyways. 

• Like 2

Consider LA's roster at this point. They have a lot of young guys that have yet to develop at many positions so they've set themselves up to punt on a draft if need be - plus the 2022 draft isn't supposed to really be all that good anyway so what are they missing on? The guys that have been drafted and developed have blown up for them for the mostpart(see Cooper Kupp/Darryl Henderson). As long as that offense can continue to put up the numbers they've put up, there is no reason to think that they aren't a legit Superb Owl contender. As I said in another thread however, that pass defense really needs to step up. We play them just before our BYE and Bakh may be back for that one as will our other WR's. It'll be a helluva game to watch.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Consider LA's roster at this point. They have a lot of young guys that have yet to develop at many positions so they've set themselves up to punt on a draft if need be - plus the 2022 draft isn't supposed to really be all that good anyway so what are they missing on? The guys that have been drafted and developed have blown up for them for the mostpart(see Cooper Kupp/Darryl Henderson). As long as that offense can continue to put up the numbers they've put up, there is no reason to think that they aren't a legit Superb Owl contender. As I said in another thread however, that pass defense really needs to step up. We play them just before our BYE and Bakh may be back for that one as will our other WR's. It'll be a helluva game to watch.

Even a poor draft year has some studs if you can find them.

One could argue the GM doesn't trust his ability to find those studs. And one of the reasons they're so young I because they have to be, spending all your draft capital and cap on huge names trades/FAs, means the rest of the roster has to be young guys as that's all you can afford.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

I'm not sure anyone isn't suggesting that the Rams aren't Super Bowl contenders.  But the draft picks they have used haven't really amounted to much in the past few drafts.  Not a single pick last year is a current starter for the Rams.  From the 2020 draft, the Rams had a part-time starter in Cam Akers, a second year starter in Van Jefferson, and Jordan Fuller as starters.  The 2019 draft has had Taylor Rapp and David Henderson as starters.  That's 4.5 starters over the last 3 drafts.  For the Packers, you look like you have starters in Eric Stokes, Josh Myers, Jon Runyan, Rashan Gary, Darnell Savage, and Elgton Jenkins.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

So who are the Packers going to land?  LaFleur sounded like a guy that was expecting an addition or two.

OBJ is getting a lot of trade spec.  I'm not a big fan of it.  Coming off injury, is he really much better than Cobb in this offense?  

OBJ may indeed be traded, but not to GB.  We have no need at WR and we have no need for cancer.  More notably we do not have the cap situation to make such a move plausible. 

IF we make a trade it will be for cheap for a player like LB Melvin Ingram or TE Mike Gesicki.  Or a player from a doomed team heading for rebuilding who is having a fire sale.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

They basically paid $9m for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Pretty damn good deal with the Rams overall given that they don't give a **** about draft picks anyways. 

They likely get a comp pick for him in 2023 if they don't re-sign him. Which, I don't see how they can with their cap situation next year, but stranger things have happened. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure anyone isn't suggesting that the Rams aren't Super Bowl contenders.  But the draft picks they have used haven't really amounted to much in the past few drafts.  Not a single pick last year is a current starter for the Rams.  From the 2020 draft, the Rams had a part-time starter in Cam Akers, a second year starter in Van Jefferson, and Jordan Fuller as starters.  The 2019 draft has had Taylor Rapp and David Henderson as starters.  That's 4.5 starters over the last 3 drafts.  For the Packers, you look like you have starters in Eric Stokes, Josh Myers, Jon Runyan, Rashan Gary, Darnell Savage, and Elgton Jenkins.

Newman? 

Tumblr: Image

2 hours ago, 15412 said:

IF we make a trade it will be for cheap for a player like LB Melvin Ingram or TE Mike Gesicki.  Or a player from a doomed team heading for rebuilding who is having a fire sale.  

Gesicki isn’t going to be cheap for long.