Trade Deadline - Nov. 2

packfanfb

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

They likely get a comp pick for him in 2023 if they don't re-sign him. Which, I don't see how they can with their cap situation next year, but stranger things have happened. 

It would be a 5th rd max for the 10 year vet. Either way, he will factor into the comp pick formula if they don’t keep him. 2022 draft will be a day off for the rams f/o. They like what they’ve got right now and it will be interesting to see if this moves the needle. If he’s healthy, I think he still has plays in his bag. 

2 hours ago, Green19 said:

I don’t know if GB trades for anyone but if Desean Jackson gets released by the rams… I bet he comes to GB because he and Aaron have talked in the past… cal and all.

But isn't part of why he wants out with the Rams due to lack of playing time? He certainly wouldn't be getting too many reps over Adams/Lazard/MVS in GB. A TE addition for the offense is probably the more realistic option. CB or DE is another possibility and something I'd rather they be in the market for

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

But isn't part of why he wants out with the Rams due to lack of playing time? He certainly wouldn't be getting too many reps over Adams/Lazard/MVS in GB. A TE addition for the offense is probably the more realistic option. CB or DE is another possibility and something I'd rather they be in the market for

I just think Jackson would be a likely pick up because if released he will only cost a minimal contract no picks etc. So that seems like a Gute move. And there have been links in the past with Jackson and Rodgers talking.

I agree that a TE is a better option. I think Jackson would see time if he came. Again I’m basing a lot on the Rodgers connection. But I agree if the WR room stays healthy deep into the run… a WR isn’t needed. Jackson is more of an insurance move and you would need to manage that at this point.

I'm hearing on the vine strong rumours of OBJ to the Packers. OBJ is not clicking in Cleveland, becoming a weekly focus of media attention, he is simply not happy. Cleveland have $9m in cap space, they would have to pay OBJ approx $8m if they cut him now. Looking for a trade partner that will take on some of that salary while they pay some of it too. They ship out a distraction and if he goes to a contender with a strong locker room this could be a win-win. Main discussions around draft compensation and how much of the remaining salary the Packers pick up. This could be like our Randy Moss deal that never happened!!! You heard it here first....

P.S the trade will be announced while Rodgers is live on the Pat McAfee show to get his real time reaction to the news

Edited by Brit Pack

3 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I'm hearing on the vine strong rumours of OBJ to the Packers. OBJ is not clicking in Cleveland, becoming a weekly focus of media attention, he is simply not happy. Cleveland have $9m in cap space, they would have to pay OBJ approx $8m if they cut him now. Looking for a trade partner that will take on some of that salary while they pay some of it too. They ship out a distraction and if he goes to a contender with a strong locker room this could be a win-win. Main discussions around draft compensation and how much of the remaining salary the Packers pick up. This could be like our Randy Moss deal that never happened!!! You heard it here first....

P.S the trade will be announced while Rodgers is live on the Pat McAfee show to get his real time reaction to the news

Not saying it's impossible, but as it stands now, we don't even have the cap space to cover his contract this year, and I strongly suspect OBJ isn't going to want to be traded without a new deal.

That also assumes the Packers are going to be content trading future assets when he inevitably gets cut after this year due to the salary cap crunch. 

My money would be on us looking at cheaper targets. A really green or slightly broken down receiving TE would be my guess.

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not saying it's impossible, but as it stands now, we don't even have the cap space to cover his contract this year, and I strongly suspect OBJ isn't going to want to be traded without a new deal.

That also assumes the Packers are going to be content trading future assets when he inevitably gets cut after this year due to the salary cap crunch. 

My money would be on us looking at cheaper targets. A really green or slightly broken down receiving TE would be my guess.

I'm just reporting what my sauces are telling me...

• Like 1

In MLF offense WR's need to block.  OBJ or Jackson?  Neither fit the bill.  Pass.  We are fine at WR.  DL, TE, and RB/KR would be the positions of need.  If they do anything it will probably be someone not on anyone's radar.  Much like the draft.  Sure Gutey is working it.  I'd be shocked if we picked up OBJ.  Not seeing it at all.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm going to say Kyle Fuller is coming to GB.  The Packers have always liked him, and given current health concerns they could use another veteran corner.  

Wouldn't hurt my feelings. Can never have too many good CBs. If the Broncos eat his salary like they did for Miller, a deal would make sense. 

That being said, I do expect Fuller to be traded and I expect the Bucs to get him. Why? Because they need a CB and they are a lot more aggressive than GB at getting guys. 

9 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Not if they pay his entire salary like the Broncos did. 

Yea, still trickier than the Miller scenario because Cox is under contract next year as well. His remaining salary this season is nothing, less than $1m. Next year however he has a high cap number so it would either need to be all non-guaranteed $ so the Packers have an out without cap repercussions or that would have to restructured with Philly as part of the deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Damn, trading a man on his birthday is cold....

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Tyler Kroft

6 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Why would they want OBJ?  Risky locker room guy?  Coming off an injury, what does he bring that Cobb doesn't.