Rodgers positive for COVID - will miss game vs Chiefs

notthatbluestuff

What an idiot. 🤦‍♂️ Doing this while knowing several of your key players are unvaccinated and your D coordinator just went out with Covid on a mini-bye week fresh off the biggest win of the year by any team?

I guess the warning signs when he gave a monotoned "I've been immunized" response and immediately looked away check out.

• Like 4

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

1. Intentionally suck Game 1 to show the Packers.

2. Play elite the next 7 games to show teams how elite you still are.

3. Test positive for Covid to drive down your trade value in the off-season for your future team.

This checks out

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol, he didn't lie, you can't lie about medical records the NFL has access to all that. He has probably had Covid, so his immune system has a natural immunity. Doesn't mean you can't catch it again, no different than the vaccine.

He was asked if he was vaccinated, and responded “yeah, I’ve been immunized.” And then went on to explain how he did a lot of research before making the decision to be immunized. He also explained how he made that decision because he knew it would harm the team if he ended up on the COVID list and wanted to do the best for the team.

That’s quite clearly him lying, if he wasn’t vaccinated.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

He was asked if he was vaccinated, and responded “yeah, I’ve been immunized.” And then went on to explain how he did a lot of research before making the decision to be immunized. He also explained how he made that decision because he knew it would harm the team if he ended up on the COVID list and wanted to do the best for the team.

And if he isn’t vaccinated, he also clearly didn’t follow protocols lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

To the media? Yeah. That doesn't matter other than appearances, if he lied to the NFL that would matter as far as suspensions/fines etc...

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

To the media? Yeah. That doesn't matter other than appearances, if he lied to the NFL that would matter as far as suspensions/fines etc...

If the NFL doesn’t require proof, I’d be absolutely shocked. I’ll stick to that something isn’t adding up here. Gut feeling is Rapoport got his info wrong and is going to look like an idiot. Might be me just wishful thinking but idk. 

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol, he didn't lie, you can't lie about medical records the NFL has access to all that. He has probably had Covid, so his immune system has a natural immunity. Doesn't mean you can't catch it again, no different than the vaccine.

He lied. The only way he didn’t is if he got Covid and the one shot. He’s still considered unvaccinated if he had Covid previously.

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

He lied. The only way he didn’t is if he got Covid and the one shot. He’s still considered unvaccinated if he had Covid previously.

The goal posts have been moved since then. It went from “he didn’t lie” to “well who cares if he lied to the media??”

• Like 4

Vikings fan Mike Florio isn't happy with Rodgers.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/03/aaron-rodgers-was-secretly-unvaccinated/

In the preseason, some quarterbacks made no bones about their unvaccinated status. Others hid it.

Most notably, Aaron Rodgers managed to conceal that he is not vaccinated (until he tested positive for COVID on Wednesday). According to NFL Media, Rodgers is indeed not vaccinated.

Rodgers led reporters to believe in August that he’s vaccinated. Technically, he said he’s been “immunized.” But he clearly implied that he’s been vaccinated, because he said in the next breath that he won’t chastise teammates who aren’t vaccinated.

“Yeah, I’ve been immunized,” Rodgers said in August. “There’s guys on the team that haven’t been vaccinated. I think it’s a personal decision, I’m not gonna judge those guys.”

So, basically, he lied. He lied in order to hide the fact that he’s not vaccinated.

And it wasn’t just his cagey use of the term “immunized,” followed by his vow to not judge a group to which he secretly belonged. A G.M. with another team tried to tell me weeks ago that Rodgers isn’t vaccinated. I looked up photos of Rodgers from the preseason, standing on the sideline in street clothes. (The photo attached to this article comes from one of those games.) He wasn’t wearing a mask. I told my source that this means that Rodgers was vaccinated. In actuality, it means that he was deliberately and flagrantly violating COVID policies to create the impression that he’s vaccinated.

What other protocols did he violate? Was he fined for it? How often was he fined? What other consequences were imposed or threatened?

And why? Why not just be openly unvaccinated?

Here’s why. Rodgers abhors criticism. If he’d been open about his unvaccinated status, he would have heard about it from the media. And so the guy who is so sensitive that he’s sensitive about being called sensitive chose to create the false impression that he’s vaccinated, all because he didn’t want anyone to call him out for not being vaccinated.

That makes it much worse. He deliberately violated COVID protocols in order to keep secret his status — in order to avoid being criticized. And he surely will now use his various platforms to argue that people like me shouldn’t have a platform to criticize him for not being vaccinated, and for endangering others in order to perpetrate his ruse. Which is exactly what he did.