I present to you, the worst draft of all-time

RaidersAreOne

On 11/8/2021 at 2:36 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

bp7pd8g8kzo3za4dwn9n.jpg

• Round 1, Pick No. 12: Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama - Jail.
  • Round 1, Pick No. 19: Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State - Cut.
  • Round 3, Pick No. 80: Lynn Bowden Jr., RB/WR, Kentucky - Traded before taking a regular season snap.
  • Round 3, Pick No. 81: Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina - Our 2nd best WR, not saying much.
  • Round 3, Pick No. 100: Tanner Muse, S, Clemson - Cut before taking a regular season snap.
  • Round 4, Pick No. 109: John Simpson, G, Clemson - Starting LG only due to Incognito injury.
  • Round 4, Pick No. 139: Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech - Depth CB at best.

I call BS. We had like 13 picks in 2009. We landed none. Then we called it "the special teams draft". It like we didnt try.

Broncos 2007 Draft-

1st round-Jarvis Moss DE: picked in the first round for having a good bowl game his junior year at Florida. Terrible player and raiders picked him up in year 2.

2nd round-Tim Crowder, DE, Texas: put up good numbers at Texas. Sucked in the NFL. Shouldn't have been drafted period.

3rd round-Ryan Harris, OT, ND: Didn't player for us much. Went to play for other teams before coming back and playing in the 2015 sb winning team. Was still terrible. We just were a running team so it didn't show as much.

4th Round- Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida- marginal rotational body at DT.

terrible draft.

also our Paxton Lynch draft was terrible. Anyone see him in the XFL yet? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Broncos 2007 Draft-

1st round-Jarvis Moss DE: picked in the first round for having a good bowl game his junior year at Florida. Terrible player and raiders picked him up in year 2.

2nd round-Tim Crowder, DE, Texas: put up good numbers at Texas. Sucked in the NFL. Shouldn't have been drafted period.

3rd round-Ryan Harris, OT, ND: Didn't player for us much. Went to play for other teams before coming back and playing in the 2015 sb winning team. Was still terrible. We just were a running team so it didn't show as much.

4th Round- Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida- marginal rotational body at DT.

terrible draft.

also our Paxton Lynch draft was terrible. Anyone see him in the XFL yet? 

They took Moss and Crowder because they fit Jim Bates' defense. They didn't do anything for us. Harris was more for a zone scheme, and he did good in 2008. However, he didn't fit Josh McDaniels' power offense.

As for Marcus Thomas, he was a disappointment. He was supposed to be a steal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

98f2e777b67c41478f3c3f29f01d33c7.jpg?w=1

I'd bet you Kyler Gordon is better than Damon Arnette, and Brisker is better than Abram. Two guys Mayock took in the first. Poles drafted guys with traits late, but it's hard to say a draft is anywhere near worst without having picks that are valuable in the first place. Like 2009 Cowboys was mentioned, but the 2009 Cowboys traded for Roy Williams. That's like if the Raiders this year had the worst draft, it really can't be given it started in the third round. You gotta bust when the stakes count to be a legendarily terrible draft imo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I call BS. We had like 13 picks in 2009. We landed none. Then we called it "the special teams draft". It like we didnt try.

Highest pick Dallas had was a third rounder. Less capital makes the failure less egregious, even if it was more picks, all of them probably don't add up to the pick the Raiders spent on Ruggs. And it's still possible John Phillips lasts longer than any of the Raiders picks, even if he was never more than a solid backup TE.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

I'd bet you Kyler Gordon is better than Damon Arnette, and Brisker is better than Abram. Two guys Mayock took in the first. Poles drafted guys with traits late, but it's hard to say a draft is anywhere near worst without having picks that are valuable in the first place. Like 2009 Cowboys was mentioned, but the 2009 Cowboys traded for Roy Williams. That's like if the Raiders this year had the worst draft, it really can't be given it started in the third round. You gotta bust when the stakes count to be a legendarily terrible draft imo.

I know. Admittedly that was one them "caught-in-moment" posts if you know what I mean. I was pissed.  Poles had just drafted a RB (AKA returner) when RB is our deepest position with Monty and Herbert and he used a 3rd to reach for a returner and fields will now be throwing to Mooney, Pringle, a returner, Equariosalmata St james, and some other nobodies. Meanwhile, we now have 4 returners and no help for fields.

Dazz-Herbert-Pringle-Ebner

14 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

They took Moss and Crowder because they fit Jim Bates' defense. They didn't do anything for us. Harris was more for a zone scheme, and he did good in 2008. However, he didn't fit Josh McDaniels' power offense.

As for Marcus Thomas, he was a disappointment. He was supposed to be a steal.

Doesn't change the fact that they all sucked besides Harris having maybe 1 good year 

On 11/8/2021 at 2:43 PM, SBLIII said:

Any Nick Caserio draft can compete with almost any historically awful draft but not this time. 

Given how the Texans draft was this weekend - and seeing Bill Belicheck draft some guy named Cole from Tennessee Chattanooga in the 1st - tells me those weren’t Nick Caserio drafts, those were Bill Belicheck drafts the entire time.

On 5/1/2022 at 8:09 PM, ET80 said:

Given how the Texans draft was this weekend - and seeing Bill Belicheck draft some guy named Cole from Tennessee Chattanooga in the 1st - tells me those weren’t Nick Caserio drafts, those were Bill Belicheck drafts the entire time.

time will tell.🤣

13 hours ago, SBLIII said:

time will tell.🤣

Will it though? I don’t need 18 months to tell people that Cole Strange and Tyquan Thompson were massive reaches… and this isn’t the first time the Pats have made some really odd picks.

On 11/8/2021 at 12:59 PM, candyman93 said:

….we got Joel Bitonio in that draft

….so yes…. You some how managed to have a worse draft class than Cleveland. That’s incredible.

Our 2015 class might be as bad.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2015/5/5/8557435/reviewing-the-cleveland-browns-2015-nfl-draft

Omg. That is bad. I think what's worse is the sheer amount of picks, and barely a mediocre player in there. 

• Like 1