Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

On 2/13/2022 at 11:24 AM, Chiefer said:

Im gonna be so mad if the Chiefs hire Nagy back to be the OC

Andy's still the one calling plays, so would it really make that much of a difference?  Granted, you had Charles before his wheels fell off, but your running game was more efficient when Nagy was there than when Bienemy was the dude.

18 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Andy's still the one calling plays, so would it really make that much of a difference?  Granted, you had Charles before his wheels fell off, but your running game was more efficient when Nagy was there than when Bienemy was the dude.

Nagy usurped playcalling halfway through the year, Its what got him enough cred for the Bears job. Ran a sort of downfield hybrid offense that lead to Smith’s best totals in his career, that year. 

Nagy also had a rookie Hunt, who is a perfect fit for what we do here, probably explains the running game efficency. Smith was also a good fit for the RPO because he actually ran pretty effectively. So I expect the running game to continue to be terrible.

He just doesnt offer anything new that we dont already do here.

Edited by Chiefer

14 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Nagy usurped playcalling halfway through the year, Its what got him enough cred for the Bears job. Ran a sort of downfield hybrid offense that lead to Smith’s best totals in his career, that year. 

Nagy also had a rookie Hunt, who is a perfect fit for what we do here, probably explains the running game efficency. Smith was also a good fit for the RPO because he actually ran pretty effectively. So I expect the running game to continue to be terrible.

He just doesnt offer anything new that we dont already do here.

To be fair, it's pretty much Andy's show though either way, whether it's Bienemy or Nagy.

I say the above with the opinion that Nagy should NEVER play calls again...what he did in CHI was show he had zero fresh ideas.   They were all Andy's ideas, and why it worked for 1 year...and then total disaster afterwards.   It's no coincidence Bill Lazor's games as play caller were much better than Nagy's this year.      But that's not happening with Reid at the helm.   The bigger thing I'd want as a KC fan is for Reid to start incorporating more salads / a little exercise in his day - because there's no OC under him I'd have as much confidence in being able to unlock the KC ceiling as much as Reid (game management on the other hand, it can always improve, and yeah, Nagy's no asset there).

Really, KC fans should just hope Reid can stay motivated, and is willing to stay aggressive with Mahomes at the helm (which he's shown ever since Mahomes joined, a total 180 from his Alex Smith days)...yet ironically now, use the run when teams dare him to in the playoffs a little more to protect leads.    Reid-Mahomes is still the key to prolonged success, the OC's are just pure supporting cast.

Edited by Broncofan

50 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, it's pretty much Andy's show though either way, whether it's Bienemy or Nagy.

I say the above with the opinion that Nagy should NEVER play calls again...what he did in CHI was show he had zero fresh ideas.   They were all Andy's ideas, and why it worked for 1 year...and then total disaster afterwards.   It's no coincidence Bill Lazor's games as play caller were much better than Nagy's this year.      But that's not happening with Reid at the helm.   The bigger thing I'd want as a KC fan is for Reid to start incorporating more salads / a little exercise in his day - because there's no OC under him I'd have as much confidence in being able to unlock the KC ceiling as much as Reid (game management on the other hand, it can always improve, and yeah, Nagy's no asset there).

Really, KC fans should just hope Reid can stay motivated, and is willing to stay aggressive with Mahomes at the helm (which he's shown ever since Mahomes joined, a total 180 from his Alex Smith days)...yet ironically now, use the run when teams dare him to in the playoffs a little more to protect leads.    Reid-Mahomes is still the key to prolonged success, the OC's are just pure supporting cast.

Thats why we want an actual offensive coordinator, which isnt gonna happen. Reid will just get what he wants, and when we see 8 men in coverage again well panic and lose horribly just like we always do. Its why he has the most losses with a 18 point lead at half time. 

Regarding Bieniemy, this article is pretty damning (if true): https://ckedboard.medium.com/how-a-season-long-rift-between-patrick-mahomes-and-eric-bieniemy-ruined-the-afc-championship-35481f116513

I have no idea how reliable the 'CKED Board' is regarding Chiefs news, but they seem pretty certain of themselves. Bottom line is that Bieniemy refuses to take feedback from players and he and Mahomes do not get along. Kafka was given a bigger role in offensive planning this year to try to create a buffer between Mahomes and Bieniemy.

7 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Regarding Bieniemy, this article is pretty damning (if true): https://ckedboard.medium.com/how-a-season-long-rift-between-patrick-mahomes-and-eric-bieniemy-ruined-the-afc-championship-35481f116513

I have no idea how reliable the 'CKED Board' is regarding Chiefs news, but they seem pretty certain of themselves. Bottom line is that Bieniemy refuses to take feedback from players and he and Mahomes do not get along. Kafka was given a bigger role in offensive planning this year to try to create a buffer between Mahomes and Bieniemy.

Eric Bieniemy was the running backs coach in Minnesota back when Adrian Peterson was here, and I've heard reports that Bieniemy would really get on AD and could be pretty vocal about things.  I don't think AD was all that big of a Bieniemy fan by the time they split either.  This doesn't have anything to do with the Chiefs, but it does at least lend a little bit of credibility to what they are saying.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Eric Bieniemy was the running backs coach in Minnesota back when Adrian Peterson was here, and I've heard reports that Bieniemy would really get on AD and could be pretty vocal about things.  I don't think AD was all that big of a Bieniemy fan by the time they split either.  This doesn't have anything to do with the Chiefs, but it does at least lend a little bit of credibility to what they are saying.

I tend to believe this. I’ll never forget watching a NFL Films special with him really getting on AD pretty hard about his fumbles in the film room. I remember him showing him clips of CJ2k and AD looking pissed. I hate that I can’t find that clip anywhere.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Not reliable imo. You'll notice they've taken the story down.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I tend to believe this. I’ll never forget watching a NFL Films special with him really getting on AD pretty hard about his fumbles in the film room. I remember him showing him clips of CJ2k and AD looking pissed. I hate that I can’t find that clip anywhere.

And helping AD address his fumbling issue is a problem because….

5 hours ago, Xenos said:

And helping AD address his fumbling issue is a problem because….

For me, It’s not and I love him holding his star player accountable.

I just remember seeing that and AD reaction. Just saying it wouldn’t be a surprise to me if he and AD didn’t see eye to eye.

• Like 1