Head Coach Firing/Hiring/Interview Rumors

Broncofan

34 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Lovie is going to be Culley in 2 years.

Somebody from the NFL probably told them to not hire Mccown.

So it sounds like it played out like this.
-Gannon, Flores and McCown are the finalists for the job

-Gannon removes himself from the search after it sounds like he gave them a time frame or ultimatum for his hiring.

-That leaves Flores and McCown but let’s be honest, no team is hiring Flores with his lawsuit against the league. That leaves McCown.

-The optics of hiring McCown was bad even before the Flores lawsuit but now, there’s no way they can hire him at this time. Whether that discussion came from the league, within the Texans organization or both, who knows.

-That leaves them scrambling to find a quality coaching candidate. In walks their current DC, former head coach Lovie Smith. And that’s where we are now

Hey, maybe this works out for them. This was just another disastrous coaching search for them. And what was up with the Hines Ward interview?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Really depends on Lawrence how much it affects him, if he's a self starter and is eager to be great...it's not so bad.

If he puts in the minimum effort and can't mentally hack it, it'll really exacerbate things.

Trevor Lawrence and how he’s wired is about as anti-Wentz as it gets based on what I’ve read about Carson.

Id also like to think a coach that came up that quick/is only 34 also probably learns from said mistakes. Maybe that’s just an optimistic view on things but that’s where I’m at. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Trevor Lawrence and how he’s wired is about as anti-Wentz as it gets based on what I’ve read about Carson.

Id also like to think a coach that came up that quick/is only 34 also probably learns from said mistakes. Maybe that’s just an optimistic view on things but that’s where I’m at. 

Thats good, seems like a normal dude.

What will help is Carson and Press were very buddy-buddy, something probably fueled by being so close in age.
A little under 5 years between Carson and Press whereas Trevor is like 11.5 years younger.

Press went from Quality Control to co-OC while Wentz was here and their relationship never seemed to change.

At the very least if you guys make it to the Super Bowl, Press can find you guys a helluva trick play to run.
Putting the Philly Special in for Vikings week was his one good contribution. 

• Like 1

On the GM front, Giants former Assistant GM for like 20 years Kevin Abrams has transitioned to a new role where he is dealing less with personnel. Joe Schoen hired (stole) Eagles Director of Player Personnel Brandon Brown to be our new AGM. He had an interview with the Vikings for their GM opening before they hired Kwesi. By all accounts, super bright guy. He and Schoen should work well together.

• Like 1

You “take yourself out of the running” publicly when you get word that it’s gonna be a no to push the narrative like you were the one who didn’t want the job. 

It’s  like asking out the pretty girl, she gives you the “um I’ll think about it”, and then you saying well forgot about it before the official no comes down.

Edited by CP3MVP

49 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

You “take yourself out of the running” publicly when you get word that it’s gonna be a no to push the narrative like you were the one who didn’t want the job. 

While I agree Gannon could easily be pulling a Jim Harbaugh too. You also pull yourself out of the running if the Organization is so poorly run dragging thier feet, they won't 💩 or get off the pot.

Either you supposedly want me or you don't,  that simple. Don't blow smoke up my .... and call it sunshine.  I have real business and obligations to attend to if youre truly not interested, thanks for your consideration. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

That didn't last long, the Chiefs & Bienemy worked out a deal.

Here's the thing though - Bienemy wasn't under contract.   So the Chiefs didn't have to give permission for him to get even OC job interviews.   So not only did he strike out on the HC interview front, no one thought to try and poach him as their OC, either.   Remember, if you're not under contract - KC doesn't need to give permission.

I have no idea what it is that keeps teams from hiring Bienemy, but I will say this - if AFC teams wanted to both hurt Reid's coaching staff and strengthen their own team's coaching staff, it would seem nuts not to at least kick the tires on Bienemy.  The fact no team in his own division, or conference, has chased Bienemy seriously - man, I think there's more there than just glass ceilings.   

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

While I agree Gannon could easily be pulling a Jim Harbaugh too. You also pull yourself out of the running if the Organization is so poorly run dragging thier feet, they won't 💩 or get off the pot.

Either you supposedly want me or you don't,  that simple. Don't blow smoke up my .... and call it sunshine.  I have real business and obligations to attend to if youre truly not interested, thanks for your consideration. 

My problem with Gannon is every time the Eagles faced a good QB they torched him. Like every time