2022 Free Agency

grizmo78

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Jonas Griffith also tendered. He will at least be an asset on special teams but he can compete for snaps at LB.

Brett Rypien too. Can he be our #2 QB? I’m unconvinced. 

Even if he’s just our 3rd QB at ERFA wages that’s the going rate.   No knowing if we’ll need a bubble QB in the fall.  The 2020 NO game should have us always ready for a 3rd guy protected just in case.  Never want to see a Hinton QB repeat ever again. 

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

I’m terrified of paying a RT lol straight PTSD

Ju’wan James was a killer given the eat it went down but the other post SB RT signings were all low cost stopgaps.   The bigger problem I had was stopgaps were the wrong way to do with teams that had no legit chance of contention.  

If we don’t get a Morgan Moses or Daryl Williams (just released today) though we might be triggering your PTSD by kicking the tires on Billy Turner lol.   To be fair he’s progressed since his DEN days and knows this WCO / zone scheme really well.   It makes a lot of sense. 

Edited by Broncofan

23 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Very disappointing so far.

Hopefully George has something planned because this has been a colossal disappointment on the first day, despite the local media butt-kissing over the one year deals for Beck and Anderson. 

Every year fans freak out when their team doesn’t buy up every player within 2 hours. Some of these deals are the ones teams are desperate to get rid of in a year.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Very disappointing so far.

Hopefully George has something planned because this has been a colossal disappointment on the first day, despite the local media butt-kissing over the one year deals for Beck and Anderson. 

The only deal I would have done today was Joseph-Day - he’s apparently signing with LAC at 3/24M.   That’s one of the few decent values imo.    Most of the deals with new teams on Day 1 of FA don’t look so hot the following year.   Especially if the player isn’t elite. 

There’s still EDGE depth and RT’s.    It’s a marathon in the FA game.   

Edited by Broncofan

It sounds like we have a great shot at Chandler Jones but unfortunately Buffalo seems to be in it and I can’t blame him if that’s the direction he chooses. 

Randy Gregory feels like a George Paton special. Yea a lot has gone wrong in Gregory’s career but his talent is SPECIAL and you can get some great value if he hits his ceiling.

And then there’s Von. Feels like everyone is in a holding pattern until Chandler Jones signs.