2022 Free Agency

grizmo78

6 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Wonder what the price difference will be between him and Von. They seem to be pretty similar players at this point in their careers. Roughly the same age, spurts of dominance sprinkled between weeks of non existence. Post season Von is still a hell of a thing though. All things considered, I think I’d rather Miller back as long as the price was close. 

I just think they want a fresh start and don’t want the Von presence hanging over a new regime. Aside from that potential factor, Jones is a year younger and has been more productive when healthy over the last five seasons. 

23 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I just think they want a fresh start and don’t want the Von presence hanging over a new regime. Aside from that potential factor, Jones is a year younger and has been more productive when healthy over the last five seasons. 

Also think he’s thinking LAR wanted him. I’d be surprised if he chased the $ over LAR / DEN for a 3rd team though. 

If the Cowboys are willing to take the Rams 2nd rd pick I’d totally be on board with getting La’el Collins at RT.   His pass pro has really progressed the last season.   And he’s a run game monster. 

He’s a bargain at 32.1M and still 28 years old.   He also can kick inside if Calvin Anderson takes a step forward and the IOL needs help.   He’s hands down better than any FA T except Armstead.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

If the Cowboys are willing to take the Rams 2nd rd pick I’d totally be on board with getting La’el Collins at RT.   His pass pro has really progressed the last season.   And he’s a run game monster. 

He’s a bargain at 32.1M and still 28 years old.   He also can kick inside if Calvin Anderson takes a step forward and the IOL needs help.   He’s hands down better than any FA T except Armstead.  

More chatter Collins might be released.   His contract is WAY below market.   Something behind the scenes must be at play.   If there isn’t Paton should run to the phone and offer our 4th for Collins.  He’s cheap for 3 years (team that trades fit him gets him at 3/32M)  and immediately solves RT at below market. It would be a shocker to see a straight cut without an off-field issue (PED/etc).  He’d get more $ in FA than his current contract.  

Edited by Broncofan

17 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

What I’m thinking as well. Obviously Von is one of my favorite athletes of all time. But he was the leader / face of the franchise for one of the worst stretches in organization history. We have a fresh start. I don’t see us wanting to go backwards. 

What about Robert Tonyan? His OC is now our HC and his TE coach is now our OC. Packers probably can’t afford to bring him back and he will come as a discount coming off an ACL. Probably will get a prove it deal rather than cash in big time.

Only issue is that he’s only 240lbs so more of a big WR than the in line TE that we are looking for, but if he comes cheap I’d be fine with Tonyan and Albert O splitting time as the receiving TEs then just re-sign Saubert as the blocker 

• Like 1

Re: inline TE. Considering this branch of the WCO places a premium on all players (Move TE and WRs including) blocking on running plays to not only improve the run game but to better set up the play action, I don’t think that we necessarily need an in-line TE. We’re not going to tip our hand every play based off of our personnel any more. That’s not to say we won’t have a big in-line TE for obvious short yardage situations, just that it’s not a given necessity at this point.

4 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I heard that Wilson doesn't like to throw to the TE's that much.

Maybe, but Carroll’s scheme devalues the TE in a big way.   That’s more the issue with TE & SEA in Carroll’s time.   Either way, makes sense to have a true inline guy for 12 packages who offers the threat.   

Beck makes for an OK 4th guy with Saubert as the 3rd TE (plus H-back / FB versatility) so no problem given it’s cheap and 1 year.    But ideally we get a true 2nd guy (doesn’t have to be a big $ signing though so look for value).  

Edited by Broncofan

Ok Paton gets an A+ for getting Calvin Anderson back for even less than the original round RFA tender (no comp) when debate was around the 3.9M second round tender.    Get a RT FA and we’ve got the 3 T on the roster you want to have for a 17 game season.  Can’t rely on 2 starters staying healthy.  

On flip side no surprise with Spencer.  Couldn’t return after all the mistakes in 2H last year.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3