Lumberjack Mafia - Woz the Lumberjack flees the forest. Utley the Lone Tree survives.

Dome

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Who's hosting next? I've got a game ready. Unfortunately, it's still not Rick & Morty. But I need a lot of people because there are gonna be a lot of deaths. And hopefully some chaos.

I can host if nobody else wants to. I'll wait since I just went.

Is there any funny business?

@Woz I don't think I could have been more clear that I had no clue what was going on.  I literally said it in each of my first however many posts. 

I had no idea what to even ask about.

I figured I'd sit by and watch for a bit and it would become clearer. It didn't.

When folks started assuming my lack of participation was because I was "scum" or whatever I tried to throw a few curveballs to cast some doubt, but again, I have no idea what in the hell is going on.

Sorry if it seemed odd, but I didn't want folks to think I wasn't participating or taking the game seriously so I tried to throw some sht against the wall and see what stuck.

My apologies man.

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@Woz I don't think I could have been more clear that I had no clue what was going on.  I literally said it in each of my first however many posts. 

I had no idea what to even ask about.

I figured I'd sit by and watch for a bit and it would become clearer. It didn't.

When folks started assuming my lack of participation was because I was "scum" or whatever I tried to throw a few curveballs to cast some doubt, but again, I have no idea what in the hell is going on.

Sorry if it seemed odd, but I didn't want folks to think I wasn't participating or taking the game seriously so I tried to throw some sht against the wall and see what stuck.

My apologies man.

No need to apologize - this was a very confusing game for someone who never played before. 

The best way to describe this game is the uninformed masses vs the informed minority. The mass has to find the minority, the minority has to stay hidden. It's all about lying, keeping cover and using people's word against them. 

Hopefully we didn't scare you away - I'd love to see you play in more games, try to get a feel of every side of the game...

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

No need to apologize - this was a very confusing game for someone who never played before. 

The best way to describe this game is the uninformed masses vs the informed minority. The mass has to find the minority, the minority has to stay hidden. It's all about lying, keeping cover and using people's word against them. 

Hopefully we didn't scare you away - I'd love to see you play in more games, try to get a feel of every side of the game...

Nah, not scared off even though @Woz is a big meanie.

I'll probably sit a few out and just follow along and try to get the hang of it before jumping in again.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Nah, not scared off even though @Woz is a big meanie.

I'll probably sit a few out and just follow along and try to get the hang of it before jumping in again.

I think - sooner rather than later - someone needs to host a Mafia 101 Game. No special characters, no dynamic play conditions, no weird powers - a Mafia, a town with basic civilians and civ specials, along with a host who can offer some coaching to both sides, just so they know what's going on. Hold a game that is full of new players, just so they can get the game. I'd host, but it's been years since I hosted a game. I'd need to get the hang of hosting again before I'd take that on...

...or, you know, a vet host such as @theuntouchable, @MathManor @bucsfan333 could host. 

(Quick aside on hosting - @domepatrol91 has hosted two games, and is quickly coming up as one of the better hosts. His games are really entertaining, he's got a knack for this side of the game).

No need to apologize @LETSGOBROWNIES I was cracking up laughing at the way you went out.

It shook up the game a bit and actually got a reaction out of mafia. In the thread Woz was confused about what you were doing, but in the group PM there was at least some legitimate concern that that you had a power tied to your lynching.

Thanks for playing. Definitely hope you keep playing.

Anyone heard from the Arborist? I know he got the hint, and posted once time in the thread after that. So I wasn’t sure why he didn’t say anything, I assumed he wasn’t following the game cause he got outed so early. But now I see he hasn’t posted since Tuesday.

Hopefully nothing came up and everything’s alright! @james.mcmurry13

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I think - sooner rather than later - someone needs to host a Mafia 101 Game. No special characters, no dynamic play conditions, no weird powers - a Mafia, a town with basic civilians and civ specials, along with a host who can offer some coaching to both sides, just so they know what's going on.

Like this idea. January and February are VERY slow months for me at work. I could do something like that then if nobody else has.

I also have a slow couple of weeks right after Thanksgiving but that’s real soon for me to be hosting again. Wouldn’t mind co-hosting though, could help with writeups for sure.

I have admittedly gotten a bit carried away with different rules, mechanics and roles. This is probably because my mafia background was playing strictly it as a “party game” for several years (probably a couple hundred games or so) where you only have vanilla maf, vanilla civs, a doctor and a cop. I was ALWAYS the host because I’m the only one that bothered to attempt a storyline. Literally only got to play once as an introductory and then I hosted from there on out.

When I realized the potential of playing on a forum rather than sitting around a table I kinda ran with it.

You can tell by how non-standard my games and rules are (only on purpose half the time) that I’ve only played in a handful games more than I’ve hosted xD

For anyone wondering about Night Zero, cause I'll use that more regularly now.

@EliteTexan80 and @Whicker  won, but @MookieMonster barely missed out on becoming a Tree Elder.

Night Zero Bonuses:

Will be awarded to Top 2 vote getters. Tie goes to whoever gets their final vote, first

Special Civ + Special Civ = Each learn the role of one random Tree.

Mafia + Mafia = Gain a Night Zero Hit

Tree + Tree = Become Tree Elder Masons (one Pm per day)

Other + Other = 1-shot self protect, entire night. (Commuter)

Mixed = 1-shot watch. 

@Woz @Ragnarok @theuntouchable

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I think - sooner rather than later - someone needs to host a Mafia 101 Game. No special characters, no dynamic play conditions, no weird powers - a Mafia, a town with basic civilians and civ specials, along with a host who can offer some coaching to both sides, just so they know what's going on. Hold a game that is full of new players, just so they can get the game. I'd host, but it's been years since I hosted a game. I'd need to get the hang of hosting again before I'd take that on...

...or, you know, a vet host such as @theuntouchable, @MathManor @bucsfan333 could host. 

(Quick aside on hosting - @domepatrol91 has hosted two games, and is quickly coming up as one of the better hosts. His games are really entertaining, he's got a knack for this side of the game).

If I'm gonna host I'd want to host another gladiator style game. Which beginners could easily join cause there isn't funky mechanics and what not.

6 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

You weren't openly against it but I had even sensed the resistance to it and mentioned it in the group pm. 

Tk3, you have valid points but I was also one of the people pushing for the tie. Then I tried to help coordinate the self vote the following day and "discovered" the change in OT mechanics. That and I had the ability to cloak my alignment. I was very surprised that rag and woz were not questioned further on a few of their posts related to the tie.

Oh, the going against the grain thing?

Honestly, I'd have said the exact same thing as town, cause it does happen.  People get all caught up in a mechanical aspect and scum slips right past their faces.  

7 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Anyone heard from the Arborist? I know he got the hint, and posted once time in the thread after that. So I wasn’t sure why he didn’t say anything, I assumed he wasn’t following the game cause he got outed so early. But now I see he hasn’t posted since Tuesday.

Hopefully nothing came up and everything’s alright! @james.mcmurry13

Yeah, saw this as well. You ok @james.mcmurry13?

Archived