Lumberjack Mafia - Woz the Lumberjack flees the forest. Utley the Lone Tree survives.

Dome

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Wow...Woz? Very well played. Pretty much cleared you immediately after D2.

You can thank the 3rd non-mafia that got a hint and chose to remain silent for basically allowing Woz to play cleared all game. 

Amazing it’s a draw considering the self sabotage 

I was surprised it took until Day 5 for someone On the Jacks side to ask what happened at a 1:1 Ratio, given their win condition.

I was also surprised a couple times mafia took out unknowns instead of Trees, when that was their win condition.

Maybe the ultimate goal was lost. Couldn’t see the forest through the Trees, so to speak ;)

Thank you for hosting Dome! I had a good time and I like the tree stump mechanic.

Good game mafia. Woz especially, you played extremely well.

Also, BDL ran this game:

Ragnarok - mafia
Ted - Natural Resources Officer
Bcb - Treehugger
SirA - Sasquatch
Whicker - Elder Tree

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

You can thank the 3rd non-mafia that got a hint and chose to remain silent for basically allowing Woz to play cleared all game. 

Amazing it’s a draw considering the self sabotage 

Who did get the third message?

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

I was surprised it took until Day 5 for someone On the Jacks side to ask what happened at a 1:1 Ratio, given their win condition.

I was also surprised a couple times mafia took out unknowns instead of Trees, when that was their win condition.

Maybe the ultimate goal was lost. Couldn’t see the forest through the Trees, so to speak ;)

On the tie front: one, it wasn't until we got to the point when one could conceivably layout lengthy result trees that ties could start to be seen; and, two, like @Ragnarok, I expected ties to go to us. Finding that out required a 20-30 minute rewrite of those result scenarios.

On targeting non-trees: we were trying to limit the effects of the civ specials against us. We wanted to hit @james.mcmurry13 on N1 but we worried about the Treehugger protecting him and debated back and for whether to hit him or @EliteTexan80 on N2 before going for the low-key @CWood21 (btw, thank you @SirA1 for taking out @bcb1213).

We had originally thought that I could have made myself a much more obvious target to draw fire as the Rig Operator. I was all ready to be "coming out of the cab" for Day 3. The unlucky ricocheted shot by CWood on @theuntouchable on N2 made things significantly harder (who did you originally target?). I slunk back into my metal shell.

We got REALLY lucky when james went missing (has anyone heard from him?) as that opened options. A slight miscommunication between Rags and myself on N3 almost led to us hitting @TedLavie that night. What could have been? I chose to take him out after Rag got hit because I realized that if he was still around he could easily blow my cover (I was sure I was done for when I went too hard in trying to railroad @utley4568).

Besides, we were doing a good job of getting Trees lynched (hi @RandyMossIsBoss!) :D It is especially easy when one tree begs to be killed. What was that about @LETSGOBROWNIES? For future reference, if you don't know what's going, ask! If nothing else, you might be able to trip up the mafia with seemingly innocuous questions. @Tk3, those night one shenanigans were nutty. Rag, correct me if I am wrong, but that literally was accidental, right? And @Blahman88, I was sure you had me fingered early on.

I didn't account for the possibility of @domepatrol91 giving SirA1 his hit back when Rag's lynch was successful, but it fell in the category of "acceptable Sasquatch" as opposed to @kingseanjohn or @MookieMonster (if Mookie was the 'squatch, I was dead last night due to the bullet inevitably bouncing on me, and if KSJ was the beastie, it was going to be a very uncomfortable weekend trying to dodge the noose).

@Whicker, ET and KSJ: thank you for the compliments! I was worried that you guys had me spotted at the end there.

And with that I am going to drop off for awhile. Way too much time spent diagramming scenarios on white boards. And I am sure dome will appreciate his PM inbox being quieter without me pestering him non-stop. Thanks for a most interesting and non-conventional game!

PS: @Hockey5djh, @Tyty: now's your chance! Sign up!

58 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Who's hosting next? I've got a game ready. Unfortunately, it's still not Rick & Morty. But I need a lot of people because there are gonna be a lot of deaths. And hopefully some chaos.

I can host if nobody else wants to. I'll wait since I just went.

I think I'm taking some time off from mafia. Need to tinker with some of my game here.

36 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, I'm putting this non-W on @james.mcmurry13

In thinking about it, while it was really handy to have him die and not have to spend any effort to kill him, it created the situation where there were a lot more tie paths because Blahman wasn't raised. The axe cuts both ways.

Archived