2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

17 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I hate how suh bragged about using the raiders for contract negotiation leverage. Still remember that lb we got from the lions checked him on the wolf tickets 

yah, I doubt we get him. He had his chance to be a Raider, Carlos Dunlap is a good alternative. 

17 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I hate how suh bragged about using the raiders for contract negotiation leverage. Still remember that lb we got from the lions checked him on the wolf tickets 

Hey we finally got Djax after all those djax2oak campaigns. I’m fine with Sheldon Richardson but lure of Suh in Raider uniform is appealing 

14 minutes ago, NickButera said:

As much as I think guaranteed pass rush up the middle would severely improve this team (most importantly our CB play), I'd much rather use our money to extend Renfrow and Waller and sign a good role player OL player. 

I doubt were talking about anything north of 8-9 million.  Which is pretty reasonable.  His last contacts were like 10-9-8 respectively.  

I think we do that.  Find a way to keep Waller and Renfrow as well.  We still have cap moves left to make on the roster.  

43 minutes ago, NickButera said:

As much as I think guaranteed pass rush up the middle would severely improve this team (most importantly our CB play), I'd much rather use our money to extend Renfrow and Waller and sign a good role player OL player. 

I'm probably in the minority but I'd wait until next offseason to extend Renfrow. 

55 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Hey we finally got Djax after all those djax2oak campaigns. I’m fine with Sheldon Richardson but lure of Suh in Raider uniform is appealing 

Iirc Djax wasn’t openly bragging about how he would never sign with us and he was just using us for contract leverage 

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm probably in the minority but I'd wait until next offseason to extend Renfrow. 

I'd extend Renfrow before I extend Waller. 

Waller is gonna be a 31 year old TE with some injury concerns and 2 great seasons heading into his last season on his current deal. His likelihood to rebound in 2022 and beyond is lower than Renfrow's likelihood to keep improving. 

There are some good TEs in the draft and Moreau has been good when he plays. I love Waller, but he's not someone I'd break bank for. Nothing against him, just the circumstances. Now, if he becomes a truly dominant force like Gronk was under McDaniels.... different story. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Waller is gonna be a 31 year old TE with some injury concerns and 2 great seasons heading into his last season on his current deal. His likelihood to rebound in 2022 and beyond is lower than Renfrow's likelihood to keep improving. 

There are some good TEs in the draft and Moreau has been good when he plays. I love Waller, but he's not someone I'd break bank for. Nothing against him, just the circumstances. Now, if he becomes a truly dominant force like Gronk was under McDaniels.... different story. 

Waller has proven to be one of the best weapons in the NFL regardless of who else we had on the field. Renfrow only produced when he was literally our only option. 

Gronk's best 3 seasons under McDaniels were: 90/1,327/17, 82/1,124/12, 72/1,176/11

Healthy Waller's 2 seasons were: 90/1,145/3, 107/1,196/9

Gronk's TD production was way higher but Brady was also averaging like 35 TD per year during his best three seasons. Carr averaged 24 TD in Wallers two best years.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 10:39 AM, ronjon1990 said:

I’ll see your rationale but I’m going with Waller. 

On 6/5/2022 at 3:53 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

I agree with this he's old but he didn't play until he was around 26

There is an argument to be made for how much tread is on the tires but at the same time athleticism just goes away as you age.  It is not just a decrease from wear and tear.  Also there is no telling when the drop off happens.  If Waller was the type to use his size and positioning similar to a Gates or Gonzalez then I would agree that maintaining a high level of play would be a lot easier but Waller is not that type.  I am not saying he can not play well for the next 4-5 years.  Just saying the chances of it happening are not as high as some around here may think.

• Like 1