The Aaron Rodgers Grief Phase: Acceptance

HeresAGuy

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

In this forum?  There are plenty who probably still feel like Rodgers is the better QB and will talk about how "lucky" Brady is.

Rodgers is more physically talented than Brady .. always has been and always will be.  Rodgers is only a fraction of the leader that Brady is, and his desire to win comes nowhere near that of Brady.  That's why Brady is the goat .. he is all about winning all of the time.  Rodgers is about Q scores and free thinking.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

And his legacy is summed up as: underwhelming. He no longer has anyone to blame but himself. To go from fearlessly throwing the football every regular season to a passive QB afraid to make a mistake in playoffs games, is entirely on him. There's no way MLF game planned for average release to be 4 seconds with the line they threw out there last night.

I suspect Rodgers in the playoffs plays not to lose instead of to win.   For a QB of his skill set that is his Achille's Heel.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

In this forum?  There are plenty who probably still feel like Rodgers is the better QB and will talk about how "lucky" Brady is.

Rodgers is the better QB. Brady has had the better career. Though I'm starting to see now that Brady's willingness to just run whatever scheme he's in and not be a hero is a large chunk of the reason why.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers is the better QB. Brady has had the better career. Though I'm starting to see now that Brady's willingness to just run whatever scheme he's in and not be a hero is a large chunk of the reason why.

I'll just agree to disagree.  Rodgers has more talent, but he is not a better player.  You hit on the exact reason why.

Edited by Mazrimiv

10 hours ago, Howler said:

Cousins is pretty good to be honest. I'd be ecstatic if he ever got to Cousins level. Cousins has a career 98.6 QBR.

Yeah, at this point, Love being Cousins is a huge win.  I have said it like 400 times, Cousins is consistently the 7th best QB every season since he has been a starter.  But players above him fall off, and get the benefit of the doubt in the rankings, and guys that are up and coming get ranked higher despite not "proving it" long term.  Problem with Cousins is that his agent does amazing work.  It isn't with Cousins on the field.

Think acceptance is pretty easy at this point after seeing how Rodgers failed to even get to another SB these last 2 seasons. Could not have lined things up any better for him these past 2 years and it still didn't matter. Nothing more you can do

WIll go down as a top 10 QB all time but he will forever have a stain on his legacy with his 1-4 NFCCG record and being unable to even reach a SB despite being the 1 seed 3 separate times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

And his legacy is summed up as: underwhelming. He no longer has anyone to blame but himself. To go from fearlessly throwing the football every regular season to a passive QB afraid to make a mistake in playoffs games, is entirely on him. There's no way MLF game planned for average release to be 4 seconds with the line they threw out there last night.

Ironic that the Packers prior HOF QB has his legacy tarnished by all the bozo INT's he threw in the playoffs to kill their chances while the next HOF QB's legacy will be tarnished for how much of a coward he was at making any sort of error. Was too scared to trust the other players so he tunneled in on Davante all game

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I think Peyton may have a worse Playoff record. May. Not sure.
Regardless, he's not gonna go unscathed after last nights performance. The STs meltdown will provide cover - but the failure to move the ball when it counted - thats where HOF reputations get made...or tarnished.

You're right. Had to turn off the pack a day podcast because the ST cover story is already happening. Within the first couple minutes some guy is like "I don't care the offense sucked, the ST ruined the game". 

15 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Ironic that the Packers prior HOF QB has his legacy tarnished by all the bozo INT's he threw in the playoffs to kill their chances while the next HOF QB's legacy will be tarnished for how much of a coward he was at making any sort of error. Was too scared to trust the other players so he tunneled in on Davante all game

It is truly remarkable. It's like, my god, there's a huge happy middle in there between those two things.

And honestly that happy middle between Favre chucking the ball around wildly and Rodgers being afraid to pull the trigger is...

Regular Season Aaron Rodgers.

It's maddening.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

6 minutes ago, Kepler said:

You're right. Had to turn off the pack a day podcast because the ST cover story is already happening. Within the first couple minutes some guy is like "I don't care the offense sucked, the ST ruined the game". 

Well, technically the STs meltdown(s) did cost us the game. If you presume we'd have actually made the blocked FG - thats the difference in the game.
The only SF TD came on that blocked punt with 4:41 left in the game - but that only tied the game.

Our offense taking only 3 plays to go (-) six yards then punting again - certainly didnt help matters.
However, that punt did put SF back on their own 20. Our defense what out of miracles by then.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1