2021 AFC Championship Game - Kansas City v Cincinnati

ET80

Who wins the AFC?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Cincinnati
    • Kansas City

8 minutes ago, SotanKing said:

If I were a Chiefs fan, I would probably be more concerned with Mahomes performance today than in the SB loss...atleast OLine was trash in the SB loss. OLine was mostly fine today...Mahomes just looked rattled in the 2nd half. Can't wait to see All-22 view of Chiefs offensive snaps in 2nd half.

Nah. Absolutely no concerns long term. This was basically the first time he's ever not been as clutch as humanly possible in a win or go home playoff game. It was bound to happen eventually. Short of like a career ending injury, nothing could have happened in this game to make me concerned about Mahomes long term. He's young. Just had the worst season of his career and we lost the AFC Championship game in overtime. We're spoiled as all hell right now.

• Like 3

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Tell that to Romo and Collinsworth. I think that's what's drawing people's ire.

It gets to me too. The way Collinsworth talks about Herbert, it's like he's already getting his HOF bust made.

The Romo one I can see why it gets on people’s nerves. It gets on my nerves too, it’s too much. If I can be objective, then so can everybody else.

• Like 1

If my calculations are correct:

Mahomes 1st half: 18/21, 220 yards, 3 TD, 149.9

Mahomes 2nd half: 8/18, 55 yards, 2 INT, 12.3

What an epic choke. Make all of the excuses you want, this is the biggest reason why KC lost: Golden Boy fell flat on his face in the second half. That 137.6 drop in passer rating has to be some sort of playoff record.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Tell that to Romo and Collinsworth. I think that's what's drawing people's ire.

It gets to me too. The way Collinsworth talks about Herbert, it's like he's already getting his HOF bust made.

I see this complaint all the time, but like, why would the announcers not praise greatness? I've seen this so much in regards to them praising Mahomes and it just confuses me. I remember decades of talk about how great Peyton and Brady are, and I'm just sitting there like yes, yes they are.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

great coach

I don't believe this. Great offensive mind that could care less about game management or defense. His defense needs players he draft a RB or WR.

He's only won one SB with the best QB, TE and WR in the game.  He's a character so the sports world loves him. Don't believe the hype!!!