ET80

Who wins the AFC?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Cincinnati
    • Kansas City

10 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Burrow contract is going to be😱

I didn't even think of that. Especially if he wins, he'll be the guy to actually get more than Mahomes, won't he? None of the guys so far have had the argument to say they should make what Mahomes does plus the interest of getting paid later. Burrow might.

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

My issue is that I don't see a difference between what he did and when a WR goes up catches the ball and goes to ground then leaves it there forgetting this isn't college. What makes one not giving himself up and this one is?

I'm not going to say KC was screwed or anything but I think they got that wrong and wouldn't say it was common sense.

To me, it's a common sense ruling because you have a ball carrier on the ground believing and behaving as though the play is over. And I would argue the same on the example you make with a WR as well. I think the one play that's kind of different is like the DeSean Jackson fumble at the 1 yard line kind of thing. But I think when you have a player, on the ground, who thinks the play is over, and willingly puts the ball on the ground, like, the plays just over. He didn't fumble the ball, he dropped it because he was done. It would've been absurdly cheap if we had won on recovering a fumble like that, IMO.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Why do I feel like he’s open to a team friendly deal?

I wouldn't count on it. Friendly structure, like Mahomes, maybe. But the list of players who have actually taken less money when faced with the opportunity for the biggest contract ever at their position is basically one name long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

I wouldn't count on it. Friendly structure, like Mahomes, maybe. But the list of players who have actually taken less money when faced with the opportunity for the biggest contract ever at their position is basically one name long.

Yeah, his first contract probably not. But once he secures the bag I can see it happening. I definitely don’t see him holding out or causing issue. Seems to humble and dedicated to winning for that.