2021 AFC Championship Game - Kansas City v Cincinnati

ET80

Who wins the AFC?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Cincinnati
    • Kansas City

40 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Yeah, his first contract probably not. But once he secures the bag I can see it happening. I definitely don’t see him holding out or causing issue. Seems to humble and dedicated to winning for that.

He will have alot of people whispering in his hear about what to do.

The holding out and causing issue part wont happen as long as the Bengals pay him what he is worth....which will likely be one of the biggest contracts ever seen, if not THE biggest....at least until the next great QB gets paid.

• Like 1

One thing I would like to understand about Andy Reid and the play calling is that why they hardly ever stick with the run. Even taking Mahomes numbers out and they were averaging 5+ yards a carry. Bengals weren’t stopping the run all game. Almost like they feel compelled to pass the ball And give it to Mahomes. They should’ve adjusted better to Bengals adjustments after the half.

31 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

One thing I would like to understand about Andy Reid and the play calling is that why they hardly ever stick with the run. Even taking Mahomes numbers out and they were averaging 5+ yards a carry. Bengals weren’t stopping the run all game. Almost like they feel compelled to pass the ball And give it to Mahomes. They should’ve adjusted better to Bengals adjustments after the half.

Andy Reid? Getting outcoached badly in a big game? Inconceivable!

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Invested all their assets into the OL and refused to break the Bengals DL down with an 18 point lead. I couldn't believe it either. 

Every of those QBs will take that monster contract that's why you better win one before that contract comes in effect.

Russell Wilson went to the SB in year 2 and 3.

Mahomes in year 3 and 4.

Burrow is going to the SB in year 2. 

Josh Allen knocked on the door in year 4.

Lamar should have gone to the SB in year 2 but the Ravens suffered a major upset.

Those QBs deserve those deals but the franchises must make sure to go all in in the first 5 years. Only 1 QB has won more than 2 SBs in the salary cap era. 

The Bengals and Chargers have the biggest window in that sense in the NFL right now. 

The Bills are in year 5 of Allen next year, they need to go all in on 2022. After that there won't be any guarantees Allen will even ever get to a SB.

Considering what we know about those rookie contract deals for QBs, your title window is actually much smaller than you think with an elite QB. 

The Bengals will give Burrow the bag a couple years from now and they need to win the SB before that. 

The Bills next year should not operate with the idea of a 10 year window, go all in before you have to pay 40 million on the cap hit to your QB

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

To me, it's a common sense ruling because you have a ball carrier on the ground believing and behaving as though the play is over. And I would argue the same on the example you make with a WR as well. I think the one play that's kind of different is like the DeSean Jackson fumble at the 1 yard line kind of thing. But I think when you have a player, on the ground, who thinks the play is over, and willingly puts the ball on the ground, like, the plays just over. He didn't fumble the ball, he dropped it because he was done. It would've been absurdly cheap if we had won on recovering a fumble like that, IMO.

Nothing but respect for the stand-up take.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Hopefully this game shows why we shouldn't trivialize Brady going to TEN Super Bowls.

Dude at this point, stfu 🤣 

Who on this entire site (non troll) "trivialized" 10 SB appearances?! Noone worth a darn would. You're just playing some kind of weird victim card and it's pathetic.

Get over your insecurities, Brady is sleeping just fine tonight without you being his white knight 🤣

• Like 3