Where does Zac Taylor rank among HC's now?

biggie.

16 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Prior to this season Taylor was considered one of the worst head coaches in the league. Now that he coached the team to one game away from the Super Bowl, has his ranking gone up iyo?

He has peoples attention. Now he has to prove he’s consistent next year 

• Like 2

I don't watch enough. I don't love that he doesn't give Burrow more help though in standing up right. I thought he made 0 adjustments to Tennessee. I feel like there is no way he kept an extra blocker in there  on ten of the drops that Burrow made. 

• Like 1

Put him on the “Could be good, has lots to prove” tier.

I will say this, we often give rookies the benefit of the doubt and a few years to develop before writing them off as busts. I really think the same should be said for first time HC’s, especially young ones. There is so much to learn and experience from being a HC there is no way they are finished products after 16 games.

• Like 2

He has obviously drastically improved his stock.   

He went from the "Meh" or "I have no idea what to make of him" range, to "Whoa, this guy might be pretty good" range.....but in the end, its still just one season.   Many coaches have had one or two good seasons where fans drastically overrated them, only for them to eventually fizzle out and get ousted.

Unfortunately, I do think he is the real deal.    This Bengals team, while talented, overachieved this year IMO.     They have so much room to improve, and that scares me as a Steelers fan.         

Fortunately, I like Zac Taylor, and I actually respect the Bengals under him.   Unlike Marvin Lewis, who I absolutely despised.

On 2/1/2022 at 2:13 PM, minutemancl said:

Zac Taylor is along for the ride. That is Joe Burrow's team.

Cincy doesn't beat KC without Taylor's and his DC's second half adjustments.

The amount of growth Taylor has made is astounding.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1