Tom Brady to retire from NFL after 22 seasons

rocky_rams

51 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

But look at him...

q08ywvdzz0yqcb0q6ijb

48 years old in 1976 is probably like 60 in 2022.

George Blanda had basically a TB12 Method...
"After last year people came up to me and said, 'George, how do you do it? What's your secret?'" Blanda wrote for SI. "Word got out that I had a special diet, that I didn't drink or smoke. One 'insider' said that I was taking hormones, and that was why I was able to play so many games at my ripe old age. Well, there is no secret. My special diet consists of the same things I've been eating ever since I grew up: steak and potatoes and green vegetables. I smoke and I drink. The worst five years of my 21 as a pro were the five when I didn't smoke at all. Now I've gone back to cigarettes, a pack or two a day, although I don't inhale them. As for alcohol, I enjoy bourbon -- it's part of my University of Kentucky background -- but I don't guzzle it down like water. I sip it, and I limit myself to two or three drinks. You may see old George Blanda acting stupid, but you won't see him acting drunk!"

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'll believe it when Brady says it.

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I'll believe it when he's dead.

I feel the same way.  It seems like Brady is gonna play until he's in a wheelchair lol.

That said, if he does walk away then good for him. He has nothing left to prove. Even as a fan who was so hard-headed and adamant about Montana>>Brady for so long, I have come around to the fact that Brady is indeed the GOAT and there isn't a single argument that could be made--even a nostalgic reason included.

I'm just glad that I've had the chance to watch Montana, Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Young, Ben, Rivers, and so many other greats.

• Like 6

Also, Brady deserves to go out on his shield... or on a stretcher.  Anyone got the number of Bernard Pollard?  Maybe he can sign a one-week contract with whoever the Bucs' Week 1 opponent is and finish the job he started?

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Soak this in, people. You just had a front row seat to football history over the past 20 some years.

Love him or hate him, Tom Brady had a once-in-a-lifetime career we all just witnessed. You'll never see this again, a 6th round pick (#199 overall) who elevated himself to the greatest football player of all time.

Tom Brady is #1. There is no logical debate otherwise, there is no argument on anyone else - and anyone who argues otherwise needs to be dismissed as a contrarian. There is a very wide gap between him and the next guy (probably Jerry Rice, but I digress) and it'll stay that way for a few decades.

Bleh. I'll still ride or die with his hero Montana. :)

But yes he has clearly, and I'd say even with difference in era taken into account, had the most decorated career. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

If anything I think he’s gonna declare “this next season is my last”, no way he goes out like he did. 

I'd like to believe that too, but people said similar things when he ended his Patriot's career throwing a pick 6 in a playoff game. If an end like that didn't compel him to stick around, then I'm not sure this playoff loss will either.