What is Isaiah Simmons’ trade value?

DirtyDez

I'd throw a late 3rd or 4th rounder. 49ers are stacked at LB so we don't really need help there but I always like going for the talent. 

Is it worth trying to get him to put his hand in the dirt and see if he can be effective in nickel downs rushing the passer? 

23 hours ago, jrry32 said:

A team that's willing to use him like the Jets used Jamal Adams should throw Arizona a third. Simmons can be a weapon for the right DC.

Am I wrong for thinking a "bust" for "bust" swap might work out fairly well for the Chargers and Staley and Arizona by swapping Kenneth Murray for Isaiah Simmons?

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Am I wrong for thinking a "bust" for "bust" swap might work out fairly well for the Chargers and Staley and Arizona by swapping Kenneth Murray for Isaiah Simmons?

How would the Chargers use him in that defense? Sometimes taking swings at 1st round "busts" is the way to go. 49ers traded for Laken Tomlinson who was seen as a bust in Detroit and now he's become a Pro Bowl caliber player. 

I refuse to believe that Simmons can't become a net positive in this league. I really would like to see him rush the passer with his hand in the dirt some. How much did he do of that in Arizona? Obviously he can't be a full time edge rusher, but on passing downs? Why not? I would really take a shot at him even if we don't necessarily need LB help. I think playing alongside Warner could help him. 

Late third to early fourth.  And most likely to an AFC team.  I get the scheme fits in LA and SF, but can't see a trade inside the division without those teams giving up more, which they shouldn't.

I could see him end up with any of the 4 AFCN teams, the raiders, or a team like the Dolphins looking for a quick turnaround but with many pieces in place.

On 2/2/2022 at 11:41 AM, Dr LBC said:

I would love that. Kenneth Murray can't do anything but tackle. He can't read plays, he can't cover, and he's much too weak to play EDGE. I see Isaiah Simmons making plays when I tune into Cardinals games usually. I'd have to take a deeper look, but at face value I would gladly welcome that. Especially since I wanted the Chargers to draft Simmons instead of Herbert.

13 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

I would love that. Kenneth Murray can't do anything but tackle. He can't read plays, he can't cover, and he's much too weak to play EDGE. I see Isaiah Simmons making plays when I tune into Cardinals games usually. I'd have to take a deeper look, but at face value I would gladly welcome that. Especially since I wanted the Chargers to draft Simmons instead of Herbert.

Kinda blown away someone named HerbertGOAT would have the audacity and honesty to admit that.

15 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Kinda blown away someone named HerbertGOAT would have the audacity and honesty to admit that.

I literally yelled NO! when Goodell announced the pick. I thought Herbert was gonna be another "tall, strong, big arm" prototype bust like Kyle Boller or Jake Locker. I thought we were going to be just fine with Tyrod and we needed a versatile defender to pair with Derwin. After draft night, I embraced him, and he proved me wrong  in the very first game of his career. 

• Like 1