2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

4 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Probably posted here somewhere but I'm lazy: Adam Schefter said MVS is in KC today, going out to eat with the team and then taking a physical. Good chance he signs. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3051738/marquez-valdes-scantling 

He would be a solid signing as long as the contract isn't an overpay. I still like the idea of selecting a WR in round 1 or 2.

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

So he's good enough for Mahomes but not for Rodgers ?

What? It’s been well documented there’s mutual interest in him returning to Green Bay … Aaron wants him but I’m sure he’s testing the market to ensure he gets max value. 

14 hours ago, Forge said:

From Jeremy Fowler. 

Nothing groundbreaking there except for the piece about them apparently letting Trey know that he's the man. 

Guessing that they hold him until camp, see if anyone loses anyone, and then release him if not. 

But I thought the 49ers had an offer in hand of 2 SRPs?

3 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

What? It’s been well documented there’s mutual interest in him returning to Green Bay … Aaron wants him but I’m sure he’s testing the market to ensure he gets max value. 

Hey Nick, do you think the Packers will use one of those first rounders on a receiver this year or do you see them going their more traditional route where they get someone in the second round to develop?  I'm just wondering, because it looks like there could be some good options either way.

Is there a world where the Panthers owner is absolutely miffed that he hasn't gotten a QB, and offers the Ravens an insane package for Lamar Jackson (inc. pick 6 to take Willis) during the draft if Willis is there, and then just give Jackson a billion dollar 15 year deal or some nonsense with tons of outs and loopholes to mess the guy without an agent over?

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Is there a world where the Panthers owner is absolutely miffed that he hasn't gotten a QB, and offers the Ravens an insane package for Lamar Jackson (inc. pick 6 to take Willis) during the draft if Willis is there, and then just give Jackson a billion dollar 15 year deal or some nonsense with tons of outs and loopholes to mess the guy without an agent over?

Not really, no.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Is there a world where the Panthers owner is absolutely miffed that he hasn't gotten a QB,

Yes, that world exists.
But Tepper wouldn't sell the farm for Jackson, he already has a very talented RB in CMC

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Yes, that world exists.
But Tepper wouldn't sell the farm for Jackson, he already has a very talented RB in CMC

And he already pays him a lot of money to sit on the bench.

id say this sounds like Snyder but they already immediately went after Wentz for some godforsaken reason. Once that fails maybe they go after Lamar next season?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Is there a world where the Panthers owner is absolutely miffed that he hasn't gotten a QB, and offers the Ravens an insane package for Lamar Jackson

I mean CMC has proven he can't stay healthy but that's too much for a RB. 😎

If Malik Willis is there, no reason for the Panthers not to take him. Whether that's to sit for a year or not. Or whatever QB they have rated highest.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Hey Nick, do you think the Packers will use one of those first rounders on a receiver this year or do you see them going their more traditional route where they get someone in the second round to develop?  I'm just wondering, because it looks like there could be some good options either way.

• Green Bay literally never goes Offense in the 1st round (in order to help Aaron Rodgers).

The only time GB ever drafts Offensive Prospects (1st round) is for backup QBs like Jordan Love. 

Outside of Jordan Love (throughout Aaron Rodgers entire career in Green Bay) dating back to 2005 (of 17 years ago) the Green Bay Packers have only drafted two (2) 1st Round Offensive Players in Bryan Bulaga (OT, 2010) and an absolute bust in Derek Sherrod (OT, 2011) and haven't sniffed 1st round Offense ever since (11 years ago).

The Packers 100% won't be drafting WR round 1 (no matter how bad their fan base wants one) because that's not how Green Bay's Front Office operates. 

GB will either go LB/DT/DE/Safety/CB during the 1st round (just like they always do) and pass on 1st Round WRs (2x).

• 2019 = two 1st round picks (and they drafted LB/S). 

• 2009 = two 1st round picks (and they drafted DT/LB).

And (imo) nothing will change come 2022's NFL draft; Green Bay will continue to avoid 1st round Offensive talent like the black plague. 

But that's not necessarily a bad thing because A.) GB fans have reminded me how Aaron Rodgers is 7-0 without Davante Adams since Davante Adams became a starter (obviously doesn't need him) and B.) This draft class is fully loaded on Defense (1st round).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships