2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think Adams and Hill just changed that both in salaries and trade. A team flush with cap space could and probably will make offers in that range. 

While I believe SF has the money to pay Deebo while not spending 50M on a QB, Jets offer 10, 35,  next years 1st I wouldn't hesitate in the slightest and run like a thief in the night after excepting. 

You're effectively saying that Deebo Samuel is significantly more valuable than both Davante Adams AND Tyreek HIll.  The 10th pick alone is worth more then the pick package the Packers and Chiefs got from the Raiders and Dolphins' respectively.  Hell, the Raiders' and Dolphins' FRP and SRPs are worth fairly similar to the 10/35 pick package.  That's a ridiculous trade request at best.

I'd be hard pressed to offer much more than the 10th pick if I was the Jets. You'd likely get your pick of the rookies on a 5 year cheap deal with the 10th. Sure the rookie may not pan out, but you trust your scouting department and the risk of not panning out is contrasted with the money allotted to Deebo with the risk of health.

Elijah Moore and Corey Davis are a good start and Berrios is fine rotationally. With Wilson you likely aren't in the hunt in '23, but hoping for a window to open in 24 or 25. I don't know if Samuel with a 25mil hit is better than the top rookie WR of this class at 6.5mil hit. That said Deebo knows the system and could help Wilson take that step so going a bit past 10th overall is fine too.

35 and 38 have to be attractive to SF as well. Could be Zion Johnson and Christian Watson or something like that. You'd need Trey Lance to sell Watson to the staff, but I could see that with some sprinkles of mid round futures as well. I'd also wait to make sure they (whoever they'd want) were on board at 35 to pull the trigger though as SF. If I'm doing it before the draft negotiations start at 10th pick +

Edited by Trojan

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I think you should maybe talk to this guy about that. 

8-16mattnagy.jpg

Nah, ARob produced in Naggy's garbage offense with bad QB play previously, he flat out quit on the Bears last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

You're effectively saying that Deebo Samuel is significantly more valuable than both Davante Adams AND Tyreek HIll.  The 10th pick alone is worth more then the pick package the Packers and Chiefs got from the Raiders and Dolphins' respectively.  Hell, the Raiders' and Dolphins' FRP and SRPs are worth fairly similar to the 10/35 pick package.  That's a ridiculous trade request at best.

Deebo is also 2-4 years younger and it's the Jets. A time will come because of these Rediculous contracts WR like the above are getting Younger WR will get traded instead of paid by the original organization that drafted them.

It has nothing to do with which WR's are better but then compensation going up via trade in the future as well. You think trades moving forward for potential top 5 WR's go for less then what Adams and Hill were traded for, not more? I'll disagree. 

What transpired this offseason has changed the landscape of not only WR but QB moving forward. It won't get cheaper. With contracts or trade IMO. 

41 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Derwin is the ideal safety in today’s NFL. He just needs to be durable like his rookie year and last season.

I personally think you should let him go....

girl door GIF

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

I'd be hard pressed to offer much more than the 10th pick if I was the Jets. You'd likely get your pick of the rookies on a 5 year cheap deal with the 10th. Sure the rookie may not pan out, but you trust your scouting department and the risk of not panning out is contrasted with the money allotted to Deebo with the risk of health.

Elijah Moore and Corey Davis are a good start and Berrios is fine rotationally. With Wilson you likely aren't in the hunt in '23, but hoping for a window to open in 24 or 25. I don't know if Samuel with a 25mil hit is better than the top rookie WR of this class at 6.5mil hit. That said Deebo knows the system and could help Wilson take that step so going a bit past 10th overall is fine too.

35 and 38 have to be attractive to SF as well. Could be Zion Johnson and Christian Watson or something like that. You'd need Trey Lance to sell Watson to the staff, but I could see that with some sprinkles of mid round futures as well. I'd also wait to make sure they (whoever they'd want) were on board at 35 to pull the trigger though as SF. If I'm doing it before the draft negotiations start at 10th pick +

I've said it before, but if pick 10 is on the table, even straight up you really have to give it some consideration. That's largely top of the market value at receiver. That pick alone is worth the first and second picks that GB / KC received in their trades. 

The biggest problem (to me) is that you can't break the receiver room like this and not get something to keep it afloat. I either want Davis coming back as well (I'd be fine with doing like a Sermon for Davis addition to that deal), or we better have a deal in place for like Julio. Cannot go in to the season with Aiyuk being the only legitimate receiver on the team. 

49ers fans en masse won't love moving him even for the #10 pick, but stars get traded. It happens. If trading him is a legit option that can happen (and ftr, I think that it's still unlikely he gets moved...previous big deals the 49ers gave out were in July and August...I didn't even expect the Deebo and Bosa talks to heat up until June). They were really revolt if the center piece is 35 and 38 (though again, with some additional moving parts of the deal and a little more coming back, is absolutely fine). Someone posited 35 and next years first for Deebo, and I don't hate that idea at all. I'd even be willing to do like a top 3 protection on it if it got it done

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Deebo is significantly more valuable than Davante or Hill in a trade.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its wild that WR has become so oversaturated in the draft in recent years and players are still getting massive (largely overpays) contracts.

It's going to continue to be oversaturated. Every year during the recruiting process the most stacked position is wide receiver. The analysts continue to rave about it. Consequently the college ranks become flooded with more guys with "make it" grades than any other position, or that the league can possibly handle.

The only aspect that thins it out somewhat is the vast difference between requirements in college and pro. The speed guys often thrive in college while in the NFL competitiveness becomes so much more vital, due to the mano a mano aspect of receiver vs defensive back. Scouting has suffered due to the tendency of overvaluing speed and not being able to adequately gauge which guys can thrive during all the hand fighting, etc. So the new dynamic is going to persist. You'll still have huge wide receiver numbers high in the draft because those guys will carry massive grades that general managers won't be able to resist. But after a few years once it becomes clear who the alpha dogs are, they'll be rewarded with the huge contracts.

The league is all about getting to 30 points. The math and margin for error totally changes if you can reach that threshold or nearby every week. It was only a matter of time before the league figured that out and started prioritizing the cheat code toward 30. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 9:44 PM, Broncofan said:

Although to be fair, when it comes to deciding penalties, the NFL is more like a Wheel of (Mis)Fortune in its consistency.  But yes, from a precedent/practice perspective, the NFL got itself in this situation by allowing the Pats & Brady circumvent TB12's lost income from that suspension with the restructure.

With collective bargaining and grievance measures in place, there is absolutely zero chance the NFL could block this move, if they allowed NE/TB12 to do it.   How it plays out in the court of public opinion is another matter altogether, but as a layman, that's the clear message I got.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Deebo is also 2-4 years younger and it's the Jets. A time will come because of these Rediculous contracts WR like the above are getting Younger WR will get traded instead of paid by the original organization that drafted them.

It has nothing to do with which WR's are better but then compensation going up via trade in the future as well. You think trades moving forward for potential top 5 WR's go for less then what Adams and Hill were traded for, not more? I'll disagree. 

What transpired this offseason has changed the landscape of not only WR but QB moving forward. It won't get cheaper. With contracts or trade IMO. 

Okay, you said it yourself it’s the RIDICULOUS contracts and now you’re trying to also make it RIDICULOUS compensation to pair with that? Something isn’t right here chief. 

7 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Okay, you said it yourself it’s the RIDICULOUS contracts and now you’re trying to also make it RIDICULOUS compensation to pair with that? Something isn’t right here chief. 

Not sure what's hard to grasp? Adams and Hill set the bench mark for all WR contracts and trades from this point forward. Both contract and trade demands will "only" go up from here on out, not stay the same, not go down. Every supposed Stud top 5 WR yet to get paid their 2nd contracts that follows. Thus the compensation will be more then Adam/Hill regardless if said WR is deem better or not. Just like with the QB market. Price for everything WR just went up. 🤷‍♂️👍

Edited by Nabbs4u