2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

20 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why is Rookie LT Tyler Smith who Dallas drafted out of Tulsa not the obvious solution? Please don't tell me it's because he was cross training and expected to possibly start at LG?

I was under the impression that he was going to compete with Terrence Steele, was wasn’t that good but wasn’t completely lost last year. Losing Tyron hurts either way.

21 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why is Rookie LT Tyler Smith who Dallas drafted out of Tulsa not the obvious solution? Please don't tell me it's because he was cross training and expected to possibly start at LG?

I think he’s supposed to be the LT of the future, but he’s extremely raw. His strength is his strength, so he’s better off at G until he improves his technique. He would probably get abused by edge rushers this season at LT. I’d rather have him there than Josh Ball, but they’re probably better off signing a vet like Eric Fisher.

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hasnt Zach Martin played LT before and done very well out there? Maybe I’m imagining that

In college. Possibly some spot duty in the pros, but I can’t remember. I know he has played some RT for the Cowboys and did well. I wouldn’t be opposed to sliding him to LT and having McGovern play RG if they don’t sign a starter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...