Jaguars fall back to Doug Pederson for HC

Apparition

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Pretty widely viewed as a top 3 candidate along with Caldwell and Byron by most I think.

This organization has been a dumpster fire for over a decade now. Most liked the idea of someone with HC experience (that actually had success) this go around, especially post Meyer. 

When I referred to the outcome I thought many jags fans “hoped for” I’m mostly talking about the non-coaching aspects of bringing in Leftwich that I saw people getting excited about, even I was rooting for it

wasn’t referring to any sort of expected success with leftwich compared to pederson, this is a low hype move that might be viewed as “bad” just because if the excitement about leftwich, but as far as 2nd or 3rd options this isn’t bad. Most teams who get their 2nd or 3rd options don’t live long enough to regret it lol   

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

Ooo, I’d love Deuce. 

I know he seems to have a poor reputation in PHI but I think Press Taylor has a legitimate shot too.

I don’t have fond memories of Press but maybe things have changed and it was a learning experience for Doug, Press and everyone involved. 

I’ll reiterate- it’s a good hire, the staff will mean a lot but he’s got the connections to put together a pretty damn good staff. 

Maybe an unpopular opinion but this is a better hire than Leftwich. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Doug was my #1. In a vacuum, I might have preferred Leftwich, but he’s my dude and I am scared of him being put into this dysfunctional mess. 

Most jags fans don’t have a heart of gold like you do pwny 

that’s why they wanted Byron 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Evan Neal at 1?

Nope. You pair Josh Allen with Thibodeaux and laugh as they make QB sandwiches for the next 2 years, or however long it takes Josh Allen to get the hell out of there.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Nagy, Fip, Deuce, McCown, Caldwell would all make sense. He’s got the connections and I think he’ll put a fine staff together. 

Juan is free from Chicago, could be OLine coach. I could see McCown being brought in there yeah if the Texans don’t immediately hire him as a HC.

How about a grown up title in this News thread?

Make all the I hate Doug threads you want in NFL Gen?

I could see Flip as OC with McCown at QB coach.

Fangio would be a nice hire at DC if possible. (Trust most Eagles fans, you don't want Sticks Schwartz)

Foles as mentor / backup for Lawrence would not be the worst thing either.