Jaguars fall back to Doug Pederson for HC

Apparition

Im going to be a Jags fan when you guys go to the Eagles*. My only hope is you have Foles back on your roster, even if its back up. The only two people to be able to not choke hard  every year left for the Jags an that makes me happy. Because by transitive properties, that makes the Jags more desirable than the Eagles. Dont @me with any facts. 

*lets be real, I am a fan of every team playing the Eagles. 

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Jax could use a top edge guy. They have Josh Allen and.....? Chaisson?

They need a lot of stuff, Thibs and Hutch would be great, but they need to build that offense up. 4/5 and they guarantee themselves one of those OTs + whatever else they get in the deal. Would also be in a great spot to double dip and trade with whatever team falls in love with whoever will be the top QB…even if it is just the Panthers getting antsy.

One guy isn’t going to fix the Jags, especially not in this draft. Build capital and talent in more spots.

At least that’s what I’d do if I were them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Think you overestimate the OL talent in the league ET. As long as Howie doesn’t oversell someone will trade for him. 

I think - with injury and inability to break into the lineup - Dillard isn't going to get much of a return. If someone gives up a 5th for Dillard, that's near excessive. Doable? Sure. But it's a lot given his body of work.

Trading for Dillard isn't going to stop taking a freak of nature such as Neal (or Ikem) at 1.1; You'll put Dillard in a new position before you pass on a guy like Neal/Ikem.

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Doug just wanted to see what Sudfeld was made of - nothing more, nothing less. 

Doug is so simple in how he does things I did believe him when he said that. He himself was a backup QB, genuinely think he just wanted to do Nate a solid. Was surprising just how bad he was.

Just now, Forge said:

Bold

Hundreds of NFL coaches have purposefully lost week 17 games.

The Packers sat Aaron Rodgers (and half the team) at halftime in week 18 this year in a 14-13 game.

You all know that Hurts had a 25 rating on 7 for 20 passing for 72 yards that day, right?

Sudfeld played the 4th quarter of a meaningless (for Philly) week 17 game for a 4-10-1 team.

Its not exactly throwing a game on purpose in week 10.

I get that Joe Judge got sad feelings.

Who the hell is Joe Judge?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Doug is so simple in how he does things I did believe him when he said that. He himself was a backup QB, genuinely think he just wanted to do Nate a solid. Was surprising just how bad he was.

If we really wanted to tank, we would have played Wentz.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They need a lot of stuff, Thibs and Hutch would be great, but they need to build that offense up. 4/5 and they guarantee themselves one of those OTs + whatever else they get in the deal. Would also be in a great spot to double dip and trade with whatever team falls in love with whoever will be the top QB…even if it is just the Panthers getting antsy.

One guy isn’t going to fix the Jags, especially not in this draft. Build capital and talent in more spots.

At least that’s what I’d do if I were them.

I don’t see a trade down being realistic unless we basically give it away with this class. There’s talent there but no QB and neither edge/OT are exactly “generational”.