Jaguars fall back to Doug Pederson for HC

Apparition

Just now, SkippyX said:

Hundreds of NFL coaches have purposefully lost week 17 games.

The Packers sat Aaron Rodgers (and half the team) at halftime in week 18 this year in a 14-13 game.

You all know that Hurts had a 25 rating on 7 for 20 passing for 72 yards that day, right?

Sudfeld played the 4th quarter of a meaningless (for Philly) week 17 game for a 4-10-1 team.

Its not exactly throwing a game on purpose in week 10.

I get that Joe Judge got sad feelings.

Who the hell is Joe Judge?

wasn't just Joe judge. Herm Edwards had a hissy fit. I agree with you tho.

The betting line on Packers Lions in week 18 this year was GB by 3.5

LaFleur theoretically fixed the game by sitting Rodgers, Adams, and many other starters at halftime.

Does the weak sauce argument above gain merit if some clown shoes in a dumpster fire 6-10 team has a shot at the playoffs?

There is no such thing as integrity of the game in week 17 (now 18) Its preseason unless you need the game.

Edited by SkippyX

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I think - with injury and inability to break into the lineup - Dillard isn't going to get much of a return. If someone gives up a 6th for Dillard, that's near excessive. Doable? Sure. But it's a lot given his body of work.

Trading for Dillard isn't going to stop taking a freak of nature such as Neal (or Ikem) at 1.1; You'll put Dillard in a new position before you pass on a guy like Neal/Ikem.

He played well when in there this year.

He got beat out by a guy that looks poised to be one of the more dominant young LTs in Mailata and even if he could switch to RT he wasn’t going to beat out an All-pro in Lane. Yeah it knocks him a bit, but not a lot of guys would beat either out this year.

They won’t move him for a 6th, not worth it.

But it’s a topic for another thread I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They need a lot of stuff, Thibs and Hutch would be great, but they need to build that offense up. 4/5 and they guarantee themselves one of those OTs + whatever else they get in the deal. Would also be in a great spot to double dip and trade with whatever team falls in love with whoever will be the top QB…even if it is just the Panthers getting antsy.

One guy isn’t going to fix the Jags, especially not in this draft. Build capital and talent in more spots.

At least that’s what I’d do if I were them.

I would offer Terron Armstead w/e his agent asks for in FA, and target another OL or WR in round 2 (Sean Rhyan/Zion Johnson/Olave/Dotson/London).

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I don’t see a trade down being realistic unless we basically give it away with this class. There’s talent there but no QB and neither edge/OT are exactly “generational”.

It’d really just be for those edge guys, because they probably go 2-3 if the jags don’t take one. Yeah you aren’t getting a bevy of picks and selling it at cost but you get more picks and money to build up your team and can take a guy you probably would’ve been ok taking at #1 anyway.

Both those teams can handle that loss of assets because they have other top ten picks.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I would offer Terron Armstead w/e his agent asks for in FA, and target another OL or WR in round 2 (Sean Rhyan/Zion Johnson/Olave/Dotson/London).

The New Orleans Saints dynamic is so weird.

Armstead is guaranteed to be a free agent unless his teammates stab him in the back by all taking bonuses to lower the cap so the Saints can keep him away from free agency. They did this with Williams this year. 

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It’d really just be for those edge guys, because they probably go 2-3 if the jags don’t take one. Yeah you aren’t getting a bevy of picks and selling it at cost but you get more picks and money to build up your team and can take a guy you probably would’ve been ok taking at #1 anyway.

Both those teams can handle that loss of assets because they have other top ten picks.

I’m sure we’ll explore it unless we’re in love with someone at the top. Team clearly has a lot of holes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeezla said:
17 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Hundreds of NFL coaches have purposefully lost week 17 games.

The Packers sat Aaron Rodgers (and half the team) at halftime in week 18 this year in a 14-13 game.

You all know that Hurts had a 25 rating on 7 for 20 passing for 72 yards that day, right?

Sudfeld played the 4th quarter of a meaningless (for Philly) week 17 game for a 4-10-1 team.

Its not exactly throwing a game on purpose in week 10.

I get that Joe Judge got sad feelings.

Who the hell is Joe Judge?

Expand  

wasn't just Joe judge. Herm Edwards had a hissy fit. I agree with you tho.

This Herm Edwards?!??

😂😂🤣

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think - with injury and inability to break into the lineup - Dillard isn't going to get much of a return. If someone gives up a 5th for Dillard, that's near excessive. Doable? Sure. But it's a lot given his body of work.

Trading for Dillard isn't going to stop taking a freak of nature such as Neal (or Ikem) at 1.1; You'll put Dillard in a new position before you pass on a guy like Neal/Ikem.

Eagles should get a 3rd for Dillard or hang up the phone.