Jaguars fall back to Doug Pederson for HC

Apparition

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Someone who took the Eagles to the playoffs three out of five years.

Its the Jaguars, we will be happy with being just mediocre.

Won a Super Bowl and followed that with back to back playoff appearances with the 31st and 32nd most injured team in the league (as in most injured).

What a laughable hire.

(Even if you’re not high on Doug, interesting take to not think he’s at least proven to be a respectable HC, regardless of the ring.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’ll take the opinion of the guy who used to work in the league.

Kind of doubt they do it, but with minimal investment in Isaiah Prince, trading a 3rd for Dillard and moving Jonah Williams to RT should be a no-brainer for the Bengals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The Jags shouldve hired Brian Flores. I know he just filed suit but just strictly coaching wise I like him better. He is a great leader, the players respect him and if he can nearly lead the Dolphins to the playoffs twice with Tua and Fitzpatrick these past two seasons then Im confident he could do special things with Lawrence moving forward. 

I hope Flores gets a job, but I'm glad it's not as the head coach in Jacksonville.  He's a defensive mind, and he's a fiery personality.  I think we need a more calming influence after what we had with Urban Meyer last year.  With Trevor, it makes sense to go with an offensive-minded head coach, IMO.  I would have preferred Leftwich just a little more, but otherwise I'm elated with Pederson.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Won a Super Bowl and followed that with back to back playoff appearances with the 31st and 32nd most injured team in the league (as in most injured).

What a laughable hire.

(Even if you’re not high on Doug, interesting take to not think he’s at least proven to be a respectable HC, regardless of the ring.)

38 wins in four years before it went to crap in 2020. I don’t think people realize we would absolutely kill for that in Jacksonville.

He should be huge for Trevor’s development and changing the culture. The city will be buzzing if he turns this team into a winner.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Someone who took the Eagles to the playoffs three out of five years.

Its the Jaguars, we will be happy with being just mediocre.

Frank Reich baby. Hopefully he hires excellent coordinators again. Jim was money that Super Bowl year as well. 

Edited by BayRaider

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Frank Reich baby. Hopefully he hires excellent coordinators again. Jim was money that Super Bowl year as well. 

Howie/ the FO chose Schwartz for Doug, he needed help a lot building his staff in Philly.
Was kind of his downfall.

Not so well kept secret Jim was HC in the wings if Doug proved a trainwreck, they apparently considered dumping Doug after year one for Jim. 
They held off and the rest is history, but wasn't a Doug hire at all.

I love Doug. He is a a pretty good coach who players love to play for. He isn't great with the media but all the players will respond to him.

That said, he has faults, a lot of them. The guy was incredibly stubborn in Philly. Played underperforming vets over promising rookies regularly, refused to upgrade his coaching staff when the whole world could see he needed to, play calling was too reliant on one style of football and got figured out down the line... Basically the guy refused to adapt and it got him fired.

The good news for the Jags is this is an easy trait to fix. If he can learn from his mistakes I think he can be really good again.

My only other qualm with him is our young talent seemed to always be horrible when they were in Philly and they would go to other teams and all of a sudden look better. Impossible to say if that is on him or Howie though so not sure there.

I like this hire for the Jags and hope he does really well.

• Like 1