Alvin Kamara Arrested on Battery Charge

bigbadbuff

5 minutes ago, Duluther said:

So how do you account for LV having more incidents than the average?

Perhaps it’s a coincidence Kamara got in trouble in LV… the one day he was there and not elsewhere. But perhaps it’s not.

Vegas has other things some/most other cities don’t. Kamara was at a night club at what.. 5pm? I don’t know of many cities that offer those hours. 

Like it or not, there’s variables you’re dismissing because it doesn’t fit your belief. 

— —

And I object to the claim this stance takes accountability from players. It’s entirely possible both the situation and the player are causes to an outcome. There can be more than one cause; to think otherwise is simplistic.

What are you using as average? What is the data ? 

VGK has had 0 arrests or incidents. Do you hear about UNLV football players getting arrested all the time? Do they have a statically higher than average rate of incidents or arrests compared to other colleges?  I mean, there was a UNLV recruit that had a bad drunk driving issue a couple of years ago. How many arrests have come out of the Las Vegas Bowl? How about the Shrine Game? 

"variables I am dismissing". 

The funny part is that you are using the night club hours of operation as an example and I have actually addressed that before (not in this thread). Drais after hours *is* the exception as I've said in the past (ironically enoguh), but night clubs in Vegas tend to shut down at 4, which is the same as New York, Miami, and Chicago has some clubs open until 5 I believe. So no, I'm not dismissing them. I've also addressed the existence of 24 hour bars, etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Your examples reach back to last century, and yet Las Vegas has had more issues than this just this year (2021-2022).

Greater Minneapolis area: 

Jayron Kearse, DUI...the day after Davion Davis got hit with one in St Paul. Roc Thomas 9 months before that for felony drug possession just outside of Minnesota. Cayleb Jones about 5 months before that  and Antwione Williams 3 months prior to that. 

5 incidents, 17 months. 

I think we could have a problem with having a team in Minnesota, tbh. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

You asked me for examples and I gave you four. And looking at the NFL arrest database two players were arrested in Florida in the last month. So I don’t think would’ve.

you gave me four examples of things were charges were not levied. If the authorities had no proof, anything you say in the affirmative to the contrary is your bias. 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jayron Kearse, DUI...the day after Davion Davis got hit with one in St Paul. Roc Thomas 9 months before that for felony drug possession just outside of Minnesota. Cayleb Jones about 5 months before that  and Antwione Williams 3 months prior to that. 

5 incidents, 17 months. 

You just couldnt stretch it back to wizzinator and love boat for the lulz?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You just couldnt stretch it back to wizzinator and love boat for the lulz?

There was a December to December stretch for the Bengals where they had 11 arrests, 8 of which were in Cincinnati which still absolutely boggles my mind (well, one was in Covington which is right over the bridge and along with Newport served as part of the greater night life Cincinnati hub) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

5 incidents, 17 months. 

Minneapolis metropolitan’s cultural issues are very well known. This is not the gotcha post you think it is.

16 hours ago, Dome said:

Seems totally fair to groups who are targeted by police based on what neighborhood they live in. 

Also good to teach the youth that they can go ahead and forget about their dreams and stop trying to achieve them if they made a mistake as a young person. I bet that will encourage people to turn their life around. Second chances for young adults SUCKS. 

This is really great stuff. 

I’m open to suggestions instead of taking accountability away from players and the league and just blaming “Vegas”.  It’s an NFL issue. And needs to be addressed. Other sports and celebs do not have this issue. Vegas Golden Knights zero arrests and incidents. A’s likely the same thing. 

• Like 1

I’m sure it’ll be a slap on the wrist for Kamara and he’ll serve a short suspension. Would be shocked if there’s anything more to it than that. 

Have to imagine that if there were any trade talks, this sort of puts a downer on whatever value they’d recoup. 

Edited by Yin-Yang

Video surveillance supports the victim's account of what happened. Kamara, it appears lied to police giving his statement. He's a dumbass for getting himself in that position and he's going to be suspended for sure. What he did is a felony in Vegas, but doubt he does prison time. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

There was a December to December stretch for the Bengals where they had 11 arrests, 8 of which were in Cincinnati which still absolutely boggles my mind (well, one was in Covington which is right over the bridge and along with Newport served as part of the greater night life Cincinnati hub) 

Hey! No slandering us this week!

• Like 3