Alvin Kamara Arrested on Battery Charge

bigbadbuff

Just now, Dome said:

My biggest worry about Carmichael as HC is that he is a very good offensive mind but maybe not a good leader of men.

I would personally like to think that atleast 90% of the players on that team love and respect him and would play hard for him.  He has been with them a very long time and anytime you ever hear a saints player talk about Pete it's always really good stuff coming from them about him. 

Now with that said i just found an article  that said this

Report: Saints' Carmichael Declines Interview for Head Coaching Position

Longtime New Orleans assistant coach Pete Carmichael declines interview for team's head coaching spot.

So nvm and i'll shut my mouth about not hiring him or offering him it they did and he declined he must not want to be a HC or deal with that much of a head ache all the time lol.   Kudos to him for knowing what he wants and loves and not wasting the saints or anyone else time.    Whoever gets the HC position would be foolish not to retain him as their OC though. Because if he leaves someone will ****** him up and get a really good offensive mind and playcaller.
  • Like 1

Please remember the forum guidelines.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/163-additional-guidelines-for-posting-in-the-nfl-news-forum/

Focus on football.  If a player is arrested, the discussion should be about a possible suspension and how the team will handle it.  Members should not discuss crime and punishment, their own legal problems, politics or anything else off-topic.

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Who was the last player to get in a fight that wasnt DV? Do we have any idea of suspension? 1, 2 games maybe? Assuming he is guilty. 

Ones that come to mind

Shady got in a bar fight, but it was hard to prove what was up and got no suspension.

Nigel Bradham got a game for punching a server by a pool. Even with some details that made it more of a gray area, they upheld the one game.
So could see a game for AK.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Who was the last player to get in a fight that wasnt DV? Do we have any idea of suspension? 1, 2 games maybe? Assuming he is guilty. 

Didn't Aaron Donald get into a situation in Pittsburgh

I think this could be similar, some wannabe who couldn't even make JV, now a crossfit god tries to show how tough he is and got smacked. Happens all the time...

Honestly thought the Saints should be trying to move Kamara this off-season. New coach, awful cap situation, no future QB potential, and Kamara will be 27 heading into this season. You could save 11.5 mil if he is a post 6/1 trade and his value was only going to go down from here. This kinda ruins that, unless we see a quick turnaround from the NFL that yields no missed games but I find that unlikely

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I think this could be similar, some wannabe who couldn't even make JV, now a crossfit god tries to show how tough he is and got smacked. Happens all the time...

Donald was breaking up the fight. Video cameras showed that. That would be absolute best case for Kamara. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dome said:

I'm gonna go ahead and play the innocent until proven guilty card and assume someone was antagonizing him. Doesn't justify assault... but it just might.

I think it gets lost on too many today, that sometimes dude's DO deserve an *** kicking. I don't know if that applies here or not, but i'm sure it will all come out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I remember when some moron did that to Mike Tyson back in the day too.  The guy practically got the side of his face smashed in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Honestly thought the Saints should be trying to move Kamara this off-season. New coach, awful cap situation, no future QB potential, and Kamara will be 27 heading into this season. You could save 11.5 mil if he is a post 6/1 trade and his value was only going to go down from here. This kinda ruins that, unless we see a quick turnaround from the NFL that yields no missed games but I find that unlikely

But what team has the cap space where it’d really be worth trading for him? Bengals to pair with Mixon?

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

But what team has the cap space where it’d really be worth trading for him? Bengals to pair with Mixon?

Dolphins, Jaguars, Chargers, or Bears. All have young QBs who could use something more dynamic from their running game. The Phins specifically with Mikey McD coming in. 

8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I remember when some moron did that to Mike Tyson back in the day too.  The guy practically got the side of his face smashed in.

Wonder when that was. Obviously you don't want to mess with Tyson even to this day, but imagine being someone who thought it'd be a good idea to mess with mid-to-late 80's mike Tyson. Prime Tyson was the most dominant fighter of all time IMO. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Wonder when that was. Obviously you don't want to mess with Tyson even to this day, but imagine being someone who thought it'd be a good idea to mess with mid-to-late 80's mike Tyson. Prime Tyson was the most dominant fighter of all time IMO. 

It was back when he was married to Robin Givens.  It was a time when you would have had to be crazy to mess with Mike.  This is an old video, and the sound isn't the greatest, but you can tell by looking at the combatants who won the fight.  Some of the comments in the comment section of the video are pretty funny too.

Edited by Uncle Buck