GB free agency 2022

squire12

Delaying my evening here and decided to look for etymology on it and this is in the first article

"by the 1960s, an “eccentric person disconnected with reality” (often implying an intimacy with hallucinogenic drugs) although by the 2010s, drug abuse was rarely implied by this phrase, nor was low intelligence implied;"

1 minute ago, R T said:

I'm from the third one from the sun, how about you?

I'm beginning to think you are from the 2nd one.  Maybe you guys are too young this was slang from the 70's and 80's.  My generation.  I know what it implies.  Whatever today sucks on this site.  Racism an definition of "space cadet".  Yah I'll think I'll take the  rest of the day off...

This is not my bag, and I'm not with it, but when I was in college a Space Cadet was a flakey person. Now define flakey. Downer, man. Heavy stuff. It blows my mind. Pretty far out. The best I can do is someone who is off center or eccentric. Far out! Eccentricity has nothing to do with intelligence. Why are we having this spaced out discussion? I came to this thread late. Dig? Groovy, man. Better stop this before the Fuzz catches us.  Can never be too careful with the Establishment. Getting banned would be a bummer. Time to mellow. Or put on comfortable threads and trip out. Keep on truckin'. Right on! This is out of sight.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

This is not my bag, and I'm not with it, but when I was in college a Space Cadet was a flakey person. Now define flakey. Downer, man. Heavy stuff. It blows my mind. Pretty far out. The best I can do is someone who is off center or eccentric. Far out! Eccentricity has nothing to do with intelligence. Why are we having this spaced out discussion? I came to this thread late. Dig? Groovy, man. Better stop this before the Fuzz catches us.  Can never be too careful with the Establishment. Getting banned would be a bummer. Time to mellow. Or put on comfortable threads and trip out. Keep on truckin'. Right on! This is out of sight.

See guys, now you all know what a space cadet is and we can move on

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Come off it you guys.  When you call some one a space cadet you are implying they are stupid.  Please.  Don't try to defend it.  Goes for you too Old Guy.  

I, the author of the original post which started this all, did not use the term, 'space cadet,' to imply stupid. Try as you may, that was not my intent and stand by the original post as it was written.  

• Like 1

I'm old. Space cadet didn't mean stupid. For us, it meant somebody who is kind of an air head, forgetful, not paying attention, mind is wandering off into outer space.

I called my daughter a space cadet the other day. As we were driving to school, I told her not to forget her cello in the backseat. A minute later she got out of the truck and started walking to school... forgetting her cello. I'll often substitute "you'd forget your head if it wasn't attached to your heck" as an alternative.

Edited by TheEagle
  • Like 2

So ...

to clarify for anyone struggling to follow, Old Guy thinks Rodgers likes Watkins as a receiving option because they are both out of touch with reality as though high on drugs.

We really are at that point in the off-season when its probably best to stop checking into this forum I think.

2 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

So ...

to clarify for anyone struggling to follow, Old Guy thinks Rodgers likes Watkins as a receiving option because they are both out of touch with reality as though high on drugs.

We really are at that point in the off-season when its probably best to stop checking into this forum I think.

Are we seriously going to pretend that Rodgers doesn't get high as hell regularly?

12 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

This ... pure and simple ... nothing else here.