2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

11 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Well they just picked up a 2nd and a boat load of cap space, so there's a lot of talent to be added. 

You can have all the cap space in the world but who wants to play in Chicago?  They've freed up cap space, but it's probably not to be a significant player this year.   

1 hour ago, Eric dunn said:

Its been awful quiet recently. Almost makes me think something big may be brewing. But i think the first big move of the offseason is going to be Michael Pierce getting cut. 

Is that really a big move?  Hes played like half a season with us in two years, we barely know him as a Viking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Its been awful quiet recently. Almost makes me think something big may be brewing. But i think the first big move of the offseason is going to be Michael Pierce getting cut. 

I think that’sa very sensible first move. I just think nothing has been done, so that our cap looks bad on paper as much as possible. I am sure they have various plans drawn up with certain cuts … it’s just a matter of which route they go … and the determining factor is what happens with Cousins … trade? Team friendly extension? Staying at $45M as the FA period opens?

Literally can go down to the final day before FA if they wanted to 

Edited by CriminalMind

On 3/11/2022 at 5:54 PM, Eric dunn said:

I wouldn't read too much into it.  We're still several days away from having to be under the salary cap.  The Packers are in a worse situation financially, and they haven't really done any significant moves.

On 3/11/2022 at 5:54 PM, Eric dunn said:

Yeah. One thing to remember, this really is the first time the new staff has been able to work together. A lot of time….