2022 Offseason Discussion

49 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

1. It was a team effort....but lets not get revisionist history......that game Nick Chubb 18 carries for 76 yards 0 rushing TD's,.....Baker Mayfield 21-34 263 yards, 3 TD's, 0 int's....so then there facts with what really happened....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401220394

2. No he is not...Justin Herbert was able to break it....in two more games....throwing to Mike Williams, Kenan Allen and Jared Cook.....and does Justin Herbert have any playoff appearances yet?.....so IF we examine the entire situation and not just what you WANT to see or how you WANT to remember things like in your first statement.....I hope looking at ALL the facts, tell you all you need to know.

And 3. I do like Feel Good Stories......but you know what...I like Facts too. Now while I respect your opinion, I dont know what its based on? I feel that based on the Facts of what really happened...I feel very confident in my earlier opinion offered, as well as this one. 

Please let me know anything in my last reply or this one that ARE NOT FACTS...is all I'm asking.

1. You completely ignored me crediting the defense.

2. Who would you take right now: Herbert or Baker?

3. You’re 100% pure emotion when it comes to Baker.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats true he has never had a good defense. That might change a lot of things/

You look at the past 4 seasons, what more do you want from Carr? 4k yard seasons, solid TD to INT ration, high passer rating. Team trades away your #1 WR, he keeping playing at a top10 level, coach gets fired plays at a top10 level, #1 WR kills a dude, he plays at a top10 level. Their offense had been consistent as could be but you look at that defense…puke! Mayock was a god awful GM

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

As are most/all Mayfield apologists/fans,

25 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You look at the past 4 seasons, what more do you want from Carr? 4k yard seasons, solid TD to INT ration, high passer rating. Team trades away your #1 WR, he keeping playing at a top10 level, coach gets fired plays at a top10 level, #1 WR kills a dude, he plays at a top10 level. Their offense had been consistent as could be but you look at that defense…puke! Mayock was a god awful GM

Watch him play. He is scared to death of making mistakes in some bi-polar seasons. A good friend of mine is a Raiders fan and hates him because of how he plays. He accumulates stats, but a lot of the time he plays overly conservative. He will take a ton of sacks because he doesnt like forcing a throw and for a few seasons there he wasnt prone to throwing the deep ball.

He has a spectacular year last year, no doubt but Ive watched the Raiders vs. Broncos play enough over the past 6 years to know who Derek Carr is. He is very efficient, his favorite pass is to a WR 3 yards past the line of scrimmage or TE leaking out. A lot of the time he is hesitant to throw unless the WR is wide open.

He might have turned a corner with his age recently, but for a while there his play on a season by season basis gave Raiders fans seizers. But the biggest knock on him is that he gets super conservative and starts taking way to many drive killing sacks because he doesnt want to make a mistake. 

I remember my friend saying 'He is so scared of Gruden and making a mistake he wont throw the ball unless the WR is running with 5 yards of separation'

Thats why his Comp% is so good and his TD/INT spread is good--but its a case of raw numbers not telling the whole story.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Doesn't matter. He's not Baker.

Unless the coaching staff just doesn’t think Baker can run a full offense, make reads, whatever, most everything else I’ve seen is at best a lateral move and change for the sake of change.

Without knowing the “why” from the coaches and FO (not our moronic owner) it’s hard to even guess tbh.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

1. No, I focused on your attempting to Minimize Bakers contribution to win. I was going to say your Half Right....but I just decided to focus on the points...

2. Believe it or not its 50%-50% for me on that...if your saying Herbert last year vs Baker last year injured....or 2021 Healthy Baker and Healthy Herbert....If your saying the former....Herbert....if your saying the Latter....Mayfield.

3. Not at all.....your attempting to deflect...instead of saying I'm all emotion, please clearly state.....as I did for you......things that I said that were not true, or a falsification of the facts....

I'll wait....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unless the coaching staff just doesn’t think Baker can run a full offense, make reads, whatever, most everything else I’ve seen is at best a lateral move and change for the sake of change.

Without knowing the “why” from the coaches and FO (not our moronic owner) it’s hard to even guess tbh.

I actually like Carr, but I don't think he's enough of an improvement over Baker that he'd be worth trading valuable assets for.

Watson? Definitely an improvement, but there's the whole sexual predator and giving up an insane amount of valuable assets for him that gives me pause.

• Like 3