Colts trade QB Carson Wentz + 2nd to Commanders for 2nd + two 3rds

RaidersAreOne

43 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Pretty impressive the way Wentz manages to walk that line of clearly not being good enough, but still showing enough flashes of upside, and having enough pedigree to still have teams willing to take a flyer on him.  Usually by this point in a career...a guy drafted that high like this has either become a "bust" and had to start reinventing themselves, relegated to stopgap duties, or settle into a backup role...or has established themselves as a quality starter.  Wentz is still managing to walk that tightrope between the two.  That takes talent, and luck.

Teddy Bridgewater keeps finding work as a starter too. 

59 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Teddy Bridgewater keeps finding work as a starter too. 

I feel like Teddy Two Gloves has settled into a more clear "stopgap" sort of role in his career.  But you're right.  He has also parlayed some injuries and a few flashes here and there, into a more extended career as at least an almost maybe viable starter consideration that a team can talk themselves into.

I think injuries are probably the key to this sort of thing.  But the right sort of injuries.  Not the ones where it's pretty clear their goose is cooked, and they're just a physically broken player.

• Like 2

Wentz did just have a pretty decent season passing for 27 TDs to only 7 INTs; and it may not be as much as they hoped, but they did upgrade the position.  Then you look at the teams in the NFC with QB issues, money aside, this may end up being a pretty good move.

I do hope Heineke gets another starting opportunity somewhere...  I thought he looked pretty solid at times.

7 hours ago, Emerica said:

Damn, i feel for ya Commies fans. Going from possibly Wilson to Carson Wentz

I won't call them by their new name but I think I like the Washington Commies. I feel it fits DC, lol

10 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Just looking out for @TheRealMcCoywith this one:

*slow clap*

I mean...that's actually pretty hilarious.  But it's also misrepresenting the situation.

I'd imagine that betting line before the Wentz trade was also including the possibility that they might land somebody better, like Russell Wilson.  After the Wentz trade, it's pretty clear that's what they're rolling with, and that obviously narrows the range of likely outcomes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

Wentz did just have a pretty decent season passing for 27 TDs to only 7 INTs; and it may not be as much as they hoped, but they did upgrade the position.  Then you look at the teams in the NFC with QB issues, money aside, this may end up being a pretty good move.

I do hope Heineke gets another starting opportunity somewhere...  I thought he looked pretty solid at times.

Heinicke has the heart he just doesn’t have the arm.

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

It will not end up a good move. Washington does not have a better roster than Indy and he couldn't get it done there, but now with Ron Rivera coaching him he's going to lead your team to the playoffs? I don't see it. It's a marginal improvement over what they had at best. It would have been better to have kept the draft picks and/or taking a big swing at Watson. It aint like the Snyder really has any moral high ground to give up. 

I'll say this - Wentz making the rounds isn't as sad as when Bradford was doing it.