Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

14 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Because they want to win as many games as they can.

A healthy Mayfield is better.

Because we will get a higher draft pick and not ;have to pay Watson in the interim.

Not worried that Baker does worse like how he did in 2019/2021? My thought is they can use the injury as an excuse to preserve his value rather than risk the possibility that he regressed permanently.

Edited by Here'sJim

19 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'd never root for another organization.

That said, I still occasionally watched football from 95-99 when there was no Browns team. I mostly just watched teams with Buckeye players like Eddie George.

I will take off a year of watching football when Watson is starting just for my own personal reason and then I'm sure I'll get back to watching them. I'm just not ready to hope for success for Watson and I don't want to watch games when I'm not sure I'd be rooting for what is best for my team. If Watson is busted for additional things and imprisoned I'll be back watching my team try to figure out how to compete with a lack of a QB and no 1st round picks for a few years but I'm more on board with that, at least this season, than watching someone who victimized people and wishing him the best.

We're all different. Nothing wrong with watching and rooting for him. Many people did that with Mike Vick (I would have issued my own protest if we signed him). This is entertainment. There are a lot of talented evil people out there. They put out a good product. People can enjoy their gift and ignore their human side. I don't fault anyone for that. Maybe it's not for me and I expect those people not to fault me for my decision.

That said, I'll still be around here (Thank goodness right?) and keep up with the box scores or highlight shows or however it is that people who don't watch games keep up with things.

#respect

It wont hurt my feelings if you all made the occasional post in our slice of home. We dont have the entertainment level that brownies provide, but our group is solid. Plus we pretty much all hate Watson for making our state a joke. 

Edited by Matts4313

To my long dear friends on this site that are thinking of walking away, I Implore you to not make a quick decision out of anger. Give it some time to settle. If you still feel the same, then I understand and wish you well. While I love this as a fan of the team, I understand we are giving up a lot more than picks and $s. No more moral high ground, which is tough to put a price on. I'm sure there are those here that have had loves ones go through something akin to what Deshaun is beig accused, which Is also a 100% good enough reason to feel this way.

All I'm saying is feelings can pass. The season doesn't start until September. See how you feel in a few weeks/months before you give up on a lifelong love of this team. We all share in common, that we devote far more time to this team than it deserves and we love it more than we should. The loyalty shown over two decades+ is worth those weeks/months to let the dust settle.

If not, you will be missed and I wish you well, truly.

Edited by nugpimpen
Typo
  • Like 8

56 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

Not worried that Baker does worse like how he did in 2019/2021? My thought is they can use the injury as an excuse to preserve his value rather than risk the possibility that he regressed permanently.

No, and even if he does, so what?

Someone will still pick him up and the worst we get out of it is pick, probably a R3.

I think using the injury as an excuse is asking another team to buy a pig in a poke.