• Celtics in 5
    • Celtics in 6
    • Celtics in 7
    • Nets in 4
    • Nets in 5
    • Nets in 6
    • Nets in 7

On 4/24/2022 at 5:16 PM, stl4life07 said:

Yeah I just say if Simmons is truly hurt he shouldn’t play. The media pressured AD last season in the playoffs to play against the Suns when he was hurt. He tried to play bc he heard everyone saying how soft he was and when he tried to play it didn’t end up too well. 

Now if Simmons isn’t really hurt then he should play. Idk what’s up with Simmons so I’ll just take that he really has a back injury that wasn’t right and he shouldn’t play. Back injury is a serious injury so you have to be cautious. 

We found the one guy who believes Simmons

I figured as such the Nets wouldnt win tonight.

Im not going to do like many will do and go to the extreme bc for many there is no mid ground. I look at it like this, the Nets in this series showed what I didnt realize and thats they need a true point guard. When they made quick work of the Celtics last season in the playoffs they had Harden running the point setting up everyone. KD got his, Kyrie got his, Harris got his. Harden literally was the best player in the series last season. Kyrie isnt a true point guard. He is more of a shooting guard. KD showed in this series he cant handle the ball all the time and make decisions for everyone when it comes to passing. The Nets dont have anyone else either. Brown, Seth, Mills, none of those guys can do that. You know who can though? Ben Simmons. So next season when Simmons finally plays I can see him being that point guard type whether he is a point forward or point center or whatever. He is going to run the Nets offense setting everyone up like Harden did. As a result I expect the Nets offense to run at a high efficiency like we saw when Harden was there and engaged along side of KD and Kyrie.

Not only that but the Nets truly miss Harris. Yes I know he struggled in the playoffs but he is a consistent great 3pt shooter. Him and Seth will be deadly with Simmons running the point and teams will have still have to play close attention to KD and Kyrie. Now there might be growing pains bc Simmons will have to get used to playing with KD and Kyrie but as the season goes along I expect things to go well and Im still high on the Nets for the playoffs next season as a result.

As for the Celtics Im happy for them. Im happy for Tatum in particular. He has grown to be a solid if not really good defender and his offensive game has always been there. What this series did was put him in the spotlight so those who doubt him can respect him more a the great talent he is. Ive always thought highly of him and hopefully he can do what Giannis did last year and get a ring so there is no doubt about his greatness. So congrats to the Celtics. Its going to be a fun series between the Celtics v the Bucks. Its going to come down to if Middleton can come back. If he cant I think Ill take the Celtics in 7 games just out of respect for Giannis being great he can still give the Bucks a great chance to win. I just think the Celtics are on a mission to not just get to the Finals but win it. Lets see if they can do it. 

Edited by stl4life07

10 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean he probably does have back issues but I'm almost positive they're psychosomatic. 

Yeah it could be psychological. Either way this notion that he is faking it is so beneath alot of people who dont understand mental illness if it is a psychological then or just dont care about a person well being if its really a physical thing. Back injuries arent something to play with. And the thing is its not like Simmons is missing games alot due to injury. He isnt Embiid or AD when it comes to staying hurt. So if he is hurt he is hurt and it bothers me that so many people act like nothing is wrong with him and he just need to go out there and play. He has the entire offseason to do what he need to do to get back on the court for the start of next season. 

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Celtics have KD completely confused and befuddled

Agreed. Kevin Durant is like Peyton Manning, he is the best player in the regular season, no doubt. But in the playoffs, great coaches outsmart him, and he not that clutch either. 

I think Curry and The Greek Freak are better players than Durant overall. I think Curry is the best player in the league. And if Curry wins the title this year, he’s definitely the best. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Kevin Durant is like Peyton Manning, he is the best player in the regular season, no doubt. But in the playoffs, great coaches outsmart him, and he not that clutch either. 

I think Curry and The Greek Freak are better players than Durant overall. I think Curry is the best player in the league. And if Curry wins the title this year, he’s definitely the best. 

Lol no, he had a terrible series and arguably the worst of his career. But he's also one of the greatest finals performer of all time and has had many great playoff moments...Even last year in the loss to the Bucks playing with a short handed team.

The Celtics just had a great defensive game plan and Udoka obviously knew KD and Kyrie very well being around them last season in Brooklyn. But there was no adjustments from the Nets until this game as they got KD the ball in different areas and he was able to have some one on one opportunities. But overall they made sure he was going to see multiple bodies every time he got to his spot in the elbow area. He also was not getting any easy buckets which was a huge credit to the defense again. 

Giannis is the best player in the league right now, he deserves the throne. If Curry wins, that would be huge for his legacy and he will have a case. He didn't have the best of regular seasons but has played well so far in the Nuggets series.