• Walter Payton
    • Barry Sanders
    • Marshall Faulk
    • Adrian Peterson
    • Earl Campbell
    • Bo Jackson
    • other

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

For what I saw (after 2000), I think it is either Tomlinson or Peterson. Peterson certainly as a rusher, Tomlinson depending how much weight you add to the receiving game. 

Tomlinson though excellent, I dont feel had the raw physical talent of other, he wasnt Barry Sanders level of balance and explosiveness, the power of Peterson or Campbell or the speed of many others. For my mind he was a better Emmit Smith. 

On 4/28/2022 at 5:53 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Tomlinson though excellent, I dont feel had the raw physical talent of other, he wasnt Barry Sanders level of balance and explosiveness, the power of Peterson or Campbell or the speed of many others. For my mind he was a better Emmit Smith. 

You just listed traits the other 3 didn't share among themselves either? 

The best 'All Around RB" IMO is Tomlinson. Run, catch, throw, pass  block, score TD's. He simply did it all at a very high level IMO.  Not just as a great Runner!

Honestly curious how a list of the most talented RB ever doesn't included him within the top 8? Accidental, international? 

Edited by Nabbs4u

You have to specify what "talent" means. In terms of natural ability, (combination of strength, speed, and agility) I think it's Adrian Peterson or Bo Jackson. 

I think you can classify pass catching and pass blocking as skills not talent, so I don't think players like Faulk, LDT, or Payton qualify.